Author Topic: Racism and the Miss America Pageant  (Read 1437 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Racism and the Miss America Pageant
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »
A white girl won, so it's obviously racist. But they tried to cover it up by getting the contestants (or handmaids, or whatever we're calling them now) to criticize Donald Trump.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20877/miss-america-turns-political-contestants-asked-joseph-curl

I don't know what Miss Missouri looks like, but she's got my vote.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Racism and the Miss America Pageant
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:19:14 PM »
Miss North Dakota:

Mund: I do believe it's a bad decision, once we reject that we take ourselves out of the negotiation table. And that’s something we really need to keep in mind. There is evidence that climate change is existing so whether you believe it or not, we need to be at that table and I think it’s just a bad decision on behalf of the United States.

My head hurts just trying to decipher that.

Why does it not surprise me that (1) she graduated from an Ivy League university (Brown), and (2) she's going to be a lawyer?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:34:34 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
Miss North Dakota:

My head hurts just trying to decipher that.

Why does it not surprise me that (1) she graduated from an Ivy League university (Brown), and (2) she's going to be a lawyer?

You're assuming she wrote or meant anything she said, instead of reading off whatever the PR folks tell her?

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 06:27:16 AM »
I think I need a PR "handler," too.

Would stop me from making all those politically incorrect statements and make me look all pure and good and model-citizen-like.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
I think I need a PR "handler," too.

Would stop me from making all those politically incorrect statements and make me look all pure and good and model-citizen-like.

I think it would take more than a PR handler to make anyone on APS look all pure and model citizen-like. Perhaps a fairy godmother with a magic wand?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »
I think it would take more than a PR handler to make anyone on APS look all pure and model citizen-like. Perhaps a fairy godmother with a magic wand?

The fairy godmother would need a heavy duty wand to stand up to all the skull cracking she would have to do with this bunch.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 07:32:24 AM »
The fairy godmother would need a heavy duty wand to stand up to all the skull cracking she would have to do with this bunch.

That sounds like assault. What caliber for fairy godmother?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »

Full auto/belt fed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 10:46:26 AM »
And armor-piercing pixie dust.