Author Topic: The Koch Brothers are advertising for the Republican in Virginia...  (Read 961 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
In the Governor's race...

And the Democrats are losing their *expletive deleted*ing minds.

They're screeching about special interest money buying Republican votes and swamping the gun grabbing, I'm all for government run healthcare Ralph Northam...

Their e-mails have been getting shriller and shriller as the election gets closer... all because they can't figure out why Virginian's aren't careening left 100%, especially after 4 years of the sainted communist Terry McAuliffe.

I originally signed up to get Virginia Democrat e-mails for the amusement value, but now that the race is a dead heat, they've just become... pathetic.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The Koch Brothers are advertising for the Republican in Virginia...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:44:41 AM »
And OH MY GOD! THIS IS EVEN MORE AWFUL!

"Gillespie’s campaign has spent over $1.8 million on the air (so far);
A Koch brothers-backed special interest group spent $1.5 million this week to attack Ralph;
And last week the Virginia affiliate of the NRA announced a huge TV ad buy."

I *expletive deleted*ing HATE Democrats, especially Virginia Democrats.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:11 AM »
Now I know who you want to feed the TVP to.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Yawn.  The large majority of rich people's cash and corporate money goes to the Democratic Party.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:47:18 PM »
This time around, though, it seems that the opposite is true in Virginia. It looks like the Republican is absolutely smoking the Democrat, and apparently a LOT of money on the Dem side went to a couple of the primary challengers, and not to Northam.

But, the polls are still showing an extremely close election.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
Looks like it might be a nation-wide trend.

The Republican National Committee raised nearly $10.9 million in May, more than twice the amount collected by its Democratic counterpart, new filings show. The fundraising haul brings to nearly $62 million that the RNC has collected this year. The Democratic National Committee raised $4.29 million in May and $32.7 million so far in 2017, according to the party's filings with the Federal Election Commission.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/21/republican-national-committee-fundraising/417547001/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife