Author Topic: High school shooting in Spokane: one dead, four injured and suspect in custody  (Read 4817 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Uh oh.  The sheriff had to mention video games.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend

RCW 9.41.042

Children—Permissible firearm possession.

*RCW 9.41.040(2)(a)(iii) shall not apply to any person under the age of eighteen years who is:

(1) In attendance at a hunter's safety course or a firearms safety course;

(2) Engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range authorized by the governing body of the jurisdiction in which such range is located or any other area where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited;

(3) Engaging in an organized competition involving the use of a firearm, or participating in or practicing for a performance by an organized group that uses firearms as a part of the performance;

(4) Hunting or trapping under a valid license issued to the person under Title  77 RCW;

(5) In an area where the discharge of a firearm is permitted, is not trespassing, and the person either: (a) Is at least fourteen years of age, has been issued a hunter safety certificate, and is using a lawful firearm other than a pistol; or (b) is under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other adult approved for the purpose by the parent or guardian;

(6) Traveling with any unloaded firearm in the person's possession to or from any activity described in subsection (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section;

(7) On real property under the control of his or her parent, other relative, or legal guardian and who has the permission of the parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm;

(8) At his or her residence and who, with the permission of his or her parent or legal guardian, possesses a firearm for the purpose of exercising the rights specified in RCW 9A.16.020(3); or

(9) Is a member of the armed forces of the United States, national guard, or organized reserves, when on duty.

[ 2003 c 53 § 27; 1999 c 143 § 2; 1994 sp.s. c 7 § 403.]

Since taking the guns to a school and shooting other students doesn't fall within any of the above criteria, I think we can honestly say that the guns were not legally obtained by the shooter, even though his father may have purchased them legally. What that tells me is that I need to change the heading of that column in my spreadsheet from "legally purchased" to "legally obtained."

Change made.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
Another newspaper article but this one is the Spokane County Sheriff. He says things many people know but are unwilling or afraid to put out there in fear of disrupting someone's feelings. That is one of the reasons I vote for him when he comes up for re-election.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/14/spokane-county-sheriff-breakdown-of-society-media-/#/0

bob

He can piss off with that blaming video games crap/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic