Author Topic: It's just a local crime story  (Read 1572 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
It's just a local crime story
« on: September 21, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/media-ignore-leading-democrats-salacious-corruption-trial/

Oh, look at that. Corruption trial of a sitting Senator has gotten about 2 minutes of airtime on the major networks, and none in the nightly news.

You'd think this might be import... OH, there's a (D) after his name, so it's just another one of those local crime stories that the national press ignores.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: It's just a local crime story
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
I can't recall who it was that helpfully posted photos of the young ladies that Menendez was helping to get into the country. 'Cuz if the story's not interesting enough for the national news, maybe some visual aids would help.

I did not know (or had forgotten) that the Washington Post actually admitted they disagree with the Supreme Court on whether abortion is a local matter. But, hey, they're a big-time, national-news outlet. I'm sure they have no use for local crime stories, like black guys getting shot by cops, and stuff like that.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:52:35 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »

Sigh. You'd think they'd even try to give the appearance of not being completely biased as hell.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 07:49:49 PM »
Sigh. You'd think they'd even try to give the appearance of not being completely biased as hell.
That has been the change that started last year.  The left (media and leftists in general) seem to have given up any effort to appear unbiased or moderate.  I think the further they go left only hurts them assuming fair elections.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 08:18:41 AM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cnn-covered-republican-ted-stevens-corruption-trial-6-times-more-than-democrat-robert-menendez-study/article/2635782

More on this.

Media gave the Ted Stevens trial 6 times the coverage...  AND it was eventually dismissed due to gross prosecutorial misconduct. But, of course, there were no consequences for the prosecutors because Holder got what he wanted, anyway- the Senator lost his re-election bid. (I wonder, also, just how much coverage the Obama Justice Department's corruption and suborning perjury got.... oh right, about as much as the Robert Menedez trial is getting.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »
Who was the Congressman that got busted for gay man-spreading at an airport? That was a big story.

And in other news, Steve Scalise is supposed to be back at work today. Let's not go comparing coverage of Scalise to the media adulation of Gabby Giffords.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:58:33 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
Who was the Congressman that got busted for gay man-spreading at an airport? That was a big story.

And in other news, Steve Scalise is supposed to be back at work today. Let's not go comparing coverage of Scalise to the media adulation of Gabby Giffords.

But Gabby Giffords is a survivor, and a HEROINE.

How dare you compare her to a mere mortal male creature?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design