Author Topic: Tennessee Church Shooting  (Read 3428 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tennessee Church Shooting
« on: September 24, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
Developing story. Apparently most of the victims were elderly, including at least one person pistol whipped. Sounds almost like a home invasion in a church.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/multiple-people-shot-at-tennessee-church-police-say.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Tennessee Church Shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/multiple-people-shot-at-tennessee-church-police-say.html

They're saying it will be investigated as a black-on-white hate crime.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »

They're saying it will be investigated as a black-on-white hate crime.

Unpossible.  Racism only flows from the powerful to the oppressed.  /s

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
Similar to the Dylan roof deal. Opposite color church takes in an oddball, oddball later returns with gratitude. What monuments do we tear down on this one?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »
Given the shooter was a Sudanese immigrant, expect a recently-converted, easily-radicalized Muslim narrative to emerge, as well.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
Given the shooter was a Sudanese immigrant, expect a recently-converted, easily-radicalized Muslim narrative to emerge, as well.

That's what I expect will be found as the motive.

Does anyone know if that church had declared itself to be a gun-free zone? The usher who tackled the shooter (talk about a disparity of force!) had a carry permit, but his gun was in his car.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:28:41 PM »
Sometimes it's the policies; sometimes it's the dress code. Last time I was volunteering for security I mean hospitality duty, the dress code was a sport coat. I could have concealed dual MP5's. Nowadays, a lot of the churches I am attending are casual. My current church dress code for staff is literally a t-shirt, and if you don't want to look sloppy, it's not going to be too baggy. Not sure how to conceal well in that uniform especially in a role that involves the occasional hug. Moral: good dress codes can be both classy and tactical.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 12:14:31 AM »
Not sure how to conceal well in that uniform especially in a role that involves the occasional hug.

SmartCarry.  And look for a church that still thinks Jesus is worth a couple minutes of effort one day a week.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 05:34:07 AM »
A young usher engaged the shooter and was pistol-whipped. During the encounter, the suspect wound up getting shot. The usher runs to his car, gets his gun, and holds the suspect at gunpoint. The young usher is a hero.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/tennessee-church-usher-who-stopped-gunman-is-hailed-as-hero.html

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 06:58:20 AM »
A young usher engaged the shooter and was pistol-whipped. During the encounter, the suspect wound up getting shot. The usher runs to his car, gets his gun, and holds the suspect at gunpoint. The young usher is a hero.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/24/tennessee-church-usher-who-stopped-gunman-is-hailed-as-hero.html

Definitely a hero. Maybe some day we'll get the straight story. The first article I read said that the shooter was wounded when the gun went off while Engle was struggling with him. The second article said the shooter was wounded after Engle had gone to his car, retrieved his gun, and returned to the church.

Somehow, I find the former to be a more likely sequence.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »

Don't you mean "fact to be buried?"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »
The articles I read noted that he immigrated with his family when he was five years old.  So he has lived in the States for the past twenty years, I am guessing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 11:16:09 AM »
The articles I read noted that he immigrated with his family when he was five years old.  So he has lived in the States for the past twenty years, I am guessing.

Yeah. Now, if only they'd come in illegally, he could have been a dreamer.

From what little I've seen of his social medium stuff, there's no Islamic content. If I remember correctly, Sudanese Christians are predominantly black, and the Muslims are of Arab descent. An ugly conflict between the two, and his family was likely on the Christian side. Looks like maybe an independent, entrepreneurial nutter. But we'll see what else comes out.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 12:17:05 PM »

The Antioch, Tennessee church shooter is an immigrant from Sudan and black power radical with a history of sharing pro-Islamic and anti-Western posts on social media, a review of his Facebook and Twitter accounts reveals.

http://gotnews.com/breaking-antioch-shooter-black-power-radical-posted-youre-likely-killed-white-man/

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »
Was it more Bernie Bro violence?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »

And yet the best they could to for a pic is to crop down the one where he's strangling an innocent ewok as part of his initiation into the Young Republicans.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
Hmmm.  ^ Thought ewok was a cutesy name for "woke."   Then I looked it up.

Discovered Terry's Law of Olde Pharteship:

Frequency of looking stuff up = function (age)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »
Hmmm.  ^ Thought ewok was a cutesy name for "woke."   Then I looked it up.

Discovered Terry's Law of Olde Pharteship:

Frequency of looking stuff up = function (age)

Dude.

You need to get out just a little more.    :old:   :rofl:  :rofl:  >:D  :facepalm:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21559/media-ignore-mass-shooting-tennessee-because-it-hank-berrien

Maybe you read about this story on page 14 of the newspaper. I’m not exaggerating, either. The New York Times put this mass shooting on page 14. The front page was dominated by athletes kneeling....

The church shooting does no favors to the liberal narrative, so it must be ignored. The shooter was black. He’s a Sudanese immigrant. He killed a white woman. He was stopped by a good guy with a gun.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
The articles I read noted that he immigrated with his family when he was five years old.  So he has lived in the States for the past twenty years, I am guessing.

It's usually not the adults we have to worry about.  It is their kids radicalizing that is the general problem.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:37 AM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21755/media-silence-antioch-church-shooter-had-note-ryan-saavedra

http://wkrn.com/2017/09/29/police-antioch-church-shooting-suspect-had-note-about-church-massacre-in-charleston-sc/

A note, found by investigators in the car belonging to the alleged Antioch church gunman, referenced “revenge” for the Charleston church shooting by white supremacist Dylann Roof in 2015....

At the time of this report, The Daily Wire was not able to locate any articles on CNN’s website that mentioned the note and a review of MSNBC’s website revealed no articles that even mentioned the shooter’s name.

It's been a couple of days since the first story on the note, and of course the media is out there demanding that Black Lives Matter, and the Congressional Black Caucus, and Barack Obama distance themselves from the killer. Oh, wait. They're not? How interesting.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »

It's been a couple of days since the first story on the note, and of course the media is out there demanding that Black Lives Matter, and the Congressional Black Caucus, and Barack Obama distance themselves from the killer. Oh, wait. They're not? How interesting.

Its a miracle that we even know the media want them to distance themselves from him ... or that we know they are not. I would expect the mdia to bury and ignore that, too.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
This one got memoryholed fast.  Who'dathunkit?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
Similar to the Dylan roof deal. Opposite color church takes in an oddball, oddball later returns with gratitude. What monuments do we tear down on this one?

Martin Luther King, of course.

And we have to un-rename all those streets that were renamed "Martin Luther King Boulevard."