Author Topic: Dammit SyFy!  (Read 2661 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Dammit SyFy!
« on: September 25, 2017, 05:23:01 PM »
The bastards cancelled Dark Matter. Season 3 is it. This was one of their better series - kinda Fireflyish. Now I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop on The Expanse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
Re: Dammit SyFy!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 12:25:42 AM »
Killjoy's was too short a season. If they kill expanse, I will stop watching them at all. I don't watch enough tv for it to matter.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »
Killjoy's was too short a season. If they kill expanse, I will stop watching them at all. I don't watch enough tv for it to matter.

If they kill the Expanse, they deserve a rock dropped on them from orbit. It's top tier, and SyFy doesn't have many of those. Probably won't, because it's their flagship show and they tend to milk those pretty hard. HBO, GoT. AMC, Walking Dead. Etc.

Dark Matter is pretty good. Not Firefly, Westworld or the Expanse, but pretty good. Especially for SyFy
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »

Dark Matter is pretty good. Not Firefly, Westworld or the Expanse, but pretty good. Especially for SyFy

Yeah, it's not Firefly, but it was fun to watch and much better than a lot of dreck out there right now, both on SyFy and in general. Between Dark Matter, Killjoys, and The Expanse, I had been getting pretty excited about SyFy's direction. The first two were/are fun, and the third is just really well done serious Science Fiction.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
I need to find the first episodes of The Expance to watch.  I didn't realize what book series it was based on until it was well underway and I never wanted to start in the middle.  I think Amazon Prime had it. 

I plan to cut off my Directv after college football season is over.  I will need things to watch outside the digital antenna. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »
I need to find the first episodes of The Expance to watch.  I didn't realize what book series it was based on until it was well underway and I never wanted to start in the middle.  I think Amazon Prime had it. 

Yes, it's on Amazon Prime. That's how I watch it, so I'm a season behind. Funny how they split the shows up on the streaming services. Dark Matter is on Netflix, which is how I'm watching season 3 right now.

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 06:39:36 AM »
Another Scifi series dropped?  This is really starting to damage my calm.   :P

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 12:45:58 AM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 09:26:54 AM »
Those bastards.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:04 AM »
Why has SyFy hired Fox executives? The Expanse was really getting good (I'm on the "one season behind binge schedule").

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »
Those bastards.

On the subject of syfi type shows though, if you ahve Netflix check out Altered Carbon.

Only one season so far, but very well done with a good story arc to the season and nice (but not annoying cliffhanger) setup for the next season. I really enjoyed it. And in true Netflix fashion, whole season dropped at once. So great for binge watchers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »
Those bastards.

On the subject of syfi type shows though, if you ahve Netflix check out Altered Carbon.

Only one season so far, but very well done with a good story arc to the season and nice (but not annoying cliffhanger) setup for the next season. I really enjoyed it. And in true Netflix fashion, whole season dropped at once. So great for binge watchers.

Altered Carbon was *expletive deleted*ing fantastic.
I plan on emailing netflix and begging them to pick up the expanse.  They did a great job saving Longmire.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 07:29:06 PM »
Yeah, Altered Carbon was awesome.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
Agreed Altered Carbon was incredible.  On the recommendation of somebody here, I checkout the audiobooks of Altered Carbon from the library.  They were really good as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
I just started watching Altered Carbon a week or so ago. So far I really like it.
Been mostly getting through Black Mirror with my wife. Some episodes are pretty good, others, meh, but she doesn't like sci-fi at all and likes this show...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Dammit SyFy!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
Agreed Altered Carbon was incredible.  On the recommendation of somebody here, I checkout the audiobooks of Altered Carbon from the library.  They were really good as well.
Wait what? Why am I just know learning of this?

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:10:06 PM »
Wait what? Why am I just know learning of this?

Yep, it is a trilogy.
Altered Carbon
Broken Angels
Woken Furies

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-K.-Morgan/e/B000APOIZS/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1526332131&sr=8-1
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 06:55:17 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 07:28:46 PM »
Woke Furries, huh?

Things take a really weird turn for that third book. :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 09:40:02 AM »
Things take a really weird turn for that third book. :rofl:

It does, but I like how the author takes the story back to Harlan's World.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2018, 01:25:56 AM »
Why has SyFy hired Fox executives? The Expanse was really getting good (I'm on the "one season behind binge schedule").

Amazon has picked it up: 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »
Just got the Season 3 DVDs of The Expanse. The first half of the season was really awesome. They seemed to do some kind of weird "half season" finale where they wrapped up one story line (every episode was stellar) and then started another storyline some months later. I've only seen the first episode of the new storyline, and it was kinda weak, but I'm hoping it ramps up. I think part of my problem with the episode was that it was focused in the belt, and that belter rasta talk gets on my nerves because I have to keep subtitles on to understand them.  :laugh:

I also saw that Amazon had season 3 of Killjoys for only ten bucks, so I bought it versus waiting for the Netflix DVD release. I'm just halfway through that as well and it is shaping up to be their best season yet. It looks like they will wrap with season 5, so I hope they are able to end the series well.