Author Topic: Stoopid Alaskans!  (Read 1104 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Stoopid Alaskans!
« on: September 25, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »
It's just unbelievable! So many stoopid Alaskans don't know it's not possible to hunt deer, wolf and even moose with an AR pattern rifle! Yet they keep killing the very same animals with AR's! Didn't they get the memo? Everyone knows you can't hunt with an AR! Yet they continue killing deer, moose, and wolves with them! They are dumb enough to be filmed on the TV killing deer, moose and wolves with them!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Stoopid Alaskans!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »
Context?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:56:11 PM »
The only Alaskan on TV I saw hunting with an AR couldn't shoot anything...

His bolt froze up.  :laugh:

But then he fixed it and shot a something or other the next day.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »
Context?

Sorry, watching Yukon Men, and they hunt wolves and moose with A/R's! They just don't know that the anti gunners gunners have determined it's impossible to hunt with an A/R!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »
Are they using AR 10s?  That's certainly forgiveable.  But 5.56 NATO?

I thought maybe el ranto OP was because of my constant bellyaching about our military minds trying to soup up a little varmint cartridge to make it a battle cartridge for what, 60 years?  

Now if they could stuff a 120 grain bullet into that 5.56 cartridge case with half a pound of dynamite to give it, say, 2600 feet per second, that would make it a modestly fair whitetail cartridge capable of mostly sportsmanlike and humane kills on standing game.  With no crosswinds.

But nooooo, DIs have been brainwashing their maggots into believing that the 5.56 NATO, even fattened up to what, lately, 70 grains? is an adequate battle cartridge... and will sweep all the leaves off jungle trees and brush so you can see your adversary, for what, 60 years?

Apart from that, the .223 Remington is a pretty good cartridge for varmints up to say, 100 lbs.

I mean, after all,  you can probably stop an elephant, and maybe even kill it, with a .22LR in the eyeball.  So all that BS about needing bigassed cartridges for dangerous game is just that, BS.  :facepalm:

>:D

Jeez, I had fun counter-ranting. Thanks for the opportunity, Sergeant.  :D

Terry

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:06:48 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »
Wait, wait....The Antis say the EBR's are the Most Powerful Assault Rifles In The World.  Why wouldn't they hunt with them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:09 PM »
I mean, after all,  you can probably stop an elephant, and maybe even kill it, with a .22LR in the eyeball.  
Actually, if you want to KILL an elephant with a .22LR, you shoot him in the elephant equivalent of the armpit; as he takes a step forward the relatively thin skin is stretched tight, if you know EXACTLY where to shoot, you can put a .22 into a major artery so he'll bleed out after a while.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:58 AM »
Actually, if you want to KILL an elephant with a .22LR, you shoot him in the elephant equivalent of the armpit; as he takes a step forward the relatively thin skin is stretched tight, if you know EXACTLY where to shoot, you can put a .22 into a major artery so he'll bleed out after a while.

So that's why they always want you to "put your hands up?"

Oh, and the (I guess) equivalent artery, the elefemoral, is the other possible target at the back end?

Back to the OP.  I'm always highly amused when a new cartridge for the AR15 platform comes out which is  yet another effort to make it a thunderboomer.

HEY!  Wake up! It's a friggin' varmint cartridge !

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 12:57:31 AM »
IIRC, a group of big game hunters at one time were hard pressed to name any animal they'd never seen taken with .357Mag.  Presumably most of those in carbines, but all had taken or personally witnessed taking of some big and/or nasty critters with it, including cape buffalo and elephant.

Bill Davison at TacPro once mentioned one of his favorite all-around large game hunting rounds is .44Mag in a levergun, since he could carry a lot of ammo in a cargo pocket and have a choice of serious sidearms that used the same ammo, from wrist-destroying but easily carried snubs up to hip-mounted artillery that weighs nearly as much as the rifle.

But yeah, for AR pattern, I wouldn't be big game hunting with a -15.  Maybe a -10 in .243, but I'd want a .308 barrel at camp just in case...and that heavy sidearm as a backup.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 12:17:01 PM »
The only Alaskan on TV I saw hunting with an AR couldn't shoot anything...

His bolt froze up.  :laugh:

But then he fixed it and shot a something or other the next day.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:34 PM »
Wait, wait....The Antis say the EBR's are the Most Powerful Assault Rifles In The World.  Why wouldn't they hunt with them.

According to the Department of Natural Resources (or whatever they've decided to call themselves this week), the .223/5.56x45 is not sufficiently large or powerful to assure humane kills. Mind you, my state also hates evil black "assault weapons." Another case of the left hand not talking to the right hand. Mixed messages, and all that.

Around here, my guess is that many of the white tails probably don't exceed 100 pounds. And many deer have been taken with lowly .22 and .22 Magnum rimfire.

It all depends on which direction the [political] wind is blowing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design