Author Topic: Safety Bullet  (Read 2526 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Safety Bullet
« on: September 26, 2017, 02:05:32 AM »
http://safetybullet.com/

Not sure I like this.  In a revolver you don't have immediate access and with a semi-auto you have to rack the slide twice.  When seconds count not sure I want to waste that time.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Safety Bullet
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:49:39 AM »
Not to mention it's incompatible with a DAO revolver since there's no other way to get past that chamber other than open the cylinder and re-index.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:22:51 AM »
I watched the infomercial right until they said "place one at the top of the clip". 
If you're that ignorant on basic firearms terminology and you're selling firearms accessories you can *expletive deleted*ck right off.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:25:04 AM »
Hard pass.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:27:04 AM »
The headlines about the kid shooting and killing her older sister?

By ending it with an exclamation point it seems as if they're just all sorts of happy about it.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 07:53:25 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
The headlines about the kid shooting and killing her older sister?

By ending it with an exclamation point it seems as if they're just all sorts of happy about it.

"Never let a crisis go to waste."

This thing has been around for awhile, although they claim to have improved it. Personally, I look at the advertising, see a gazillion grammatical and stylistic errors, and that tells me right off that the company is probably a guy working out of his basement. If they can't be bothered to proof read their face to the public, I can''t be bothered considering their product.

79 Kids saved to date - that I am aware of!

I looked at the dealer list. None in my state, but a number of states are listed as "A CAP state." What does the "CAP" stand for?

I guess I'm a bad person, but this makes me think of Lee Paige: I'm the only person in this room -- that I know of -- who's professional enough to handle this Glock ... BANG!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Pass. Too much going on. Too much to remember. Too many ways for the whole process go full Epic Fail.

If I'm that concerned with someone besides me handling the weapon I'll just store it and the ammo separately (mag for a semi auto, moon clip for a revo). Better yet, store the damn thing where curious hands simply can't get to them.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
If I'm that concerned with someone besides me handling the weapon I'll just store it and the ammo separately.

That's my thought. Having an unloaded gun and having a gun loaded with a "safety bullet" is essentially the same thing when it comes time to use it. I guess you can figure out if someone pulled the trigger on it with safety bullet?

I definitely don't see the point of putting one at the top of the mag in addition to one in the chamber.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »

I definitely don't see the point of putting one at the top of the mag in addition to one in the chamber.

In case someone is in the habit of not having a round in the chamber and their first action is to rack the slide.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »
In case someone is in the habit of not having a round in the chamber and their first action is to rack the slide.

But, then, shouldn't the entire magazine be full of them?

That's the only way everyone can be safe.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »
I look at the advertising, see a gazillion grammatical and stylistic errors, and that tells me right off that the company is probably a guy working out of his basement. If they can't be bothered to proof read their face to the public, I can''t be bothered considering their product.

Sure. His basement in Tajikstan. That web page should be considered a form of assault.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 07:56:16 PM »
"Go from SAFE to LETHAL in one second! Nothing is faster, period!"

Except, you know, carrying the gorram gun like it was friggin intended to be carried.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »
"Go from SAFE to LETHAL in one second! Nothing is faster, period!"

Except, you know, carrying the gorram gun like it was friggin intended to be carried.

But ... but ... but that's not SAFE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »

Sure. His basement in Tajikstan. That web page should be considered a form of assault.

The web page looks like your typical very small gun related business website run by gun enthusiasts.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 09:12:33 PM »
The web page looks like your typical very small gun related business website run by gun enthusiasts.

Actually, replace "gun" with pretty much any hobby activity and you'd still be right.

Not necessarily a bad thing if they're busy with the technical details and production of their product rather than the advertising for it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:25 PM »
Actually, replace "gun" with pretty much any hobby activity and you'd still be right.

Not necessarily a bad thing if they're busy with the technical details and production of their product rather than the advertising for it.

Or learning English.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »
Perhaps I'm not completely familiar with revolver operation, but once you pull the trigger and the "safety bullet" engages, aren't the rest of the rounds in the gun pretty useless at that point ??  I mean, why even bother to load the other chambers ??  There isn't a way to index past the "safety bullet" without pulling the trigger, right ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
Perhaps I'm not completely familiar with revolver operation, but once you pull the trigger and the "safety bullet" engages, aren't the rest of the rounds in the gun pretty useless at that point ??  I mean, why even bother to load the other chambers ??  There isn't a way to index past the "safety bullet" without pulling the trigger, right ??

No, you can cock it then ease the hammer down with your thumb so the "primer" isn't struck with any force. In a single six western style, you are stuck until you jam something down the barrel to unlock the cylinder should you let the hammer fall.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!