Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049...  (Read 3770 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
Your observations are like tears in rain flushed straight down the drain.

:rofl:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Blade Runner 2049...
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 11:56:59 PM »
Thread necro because I finally had the time to watch. Dayum. And Dayum.

First, kudos to the cinematographer. Excellent on all points.

Second, I can honestly say they captured the original's noir in spades. Hampton Fancher and Ridley Scott deserve every pat on the back they can get for bringing the project to fruition.

Third, the story wasn't Citizen Kane but it fit perfectly. Right in line with the original and the callbacks were used with brilliant effect.

Last, but definitely not least, the sound design. Oh... My... Gawd! I have a decently potent home theater setup and it struggled to keep up. Calling it "a sweeping soundscape" is a disservice. The sound design and audio engineering are absolutely stunning in every respect. Watching this movie on regular TV speakers leaves half the movie unexperienced. Played through my simple 5.1 system it left me awestruck. If I had the $$ I would get an Atmos system tomorrow so I could hear the movie in it's true glory.

I'll definitely have to carve out some time to watch the special features.

Brad
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:48:39 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2018, 06:59:05 AM »
Told you you'd like it!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2018, 09:33:07 AM »
I finally saw it, last weekend. I had to watch it a second time, with the closed caption on. I'm usually OK with my ancient TV box, but I guess this is a movie that's meant for a more sophisticated set-up. Aside from the sound issues, the titles at the beginning of the movie weren't legible on my old, normal-sized CRT screen. I had to look them up on my phone.

It didn't blow me away, but I'll blame that on my old, busted equipment.

I liked his drone. Too bad it didn't have any weapons.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2018, 08:37:03 PM »
Stumbled across the Blade Runner 2049 Blu-Ray and DVD combo on sale at Target tonight for $15. Picked up a copy for myself.
Don't know how long the sale is going to last.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:15:18 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 07:08:54 AM »
HBO is running it right now.

I've watched it twice more.

I knew after I saw it in October that I'd need to watch it a couple of times.

I still like it VERY much, but I've cooled on it somewhat for a variety of reasons.

Overall, though, it's still an incredibly good movie sequel to an incredible movie.