Author Topic: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein  (Read 27037 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
So everything coming out on this Weinstein guy is making him look ten times worse than anything Bill Cosby was accused of. He also gave millions and millions to various liberal politicians.

I forgot which ones, but some not so well known Democratic congressmen have apparently donated the money he gave them to charity. Good for them - I may disagree with their politics, but I very much respect their ethics.

No word yet if Hillary, the Obama's, or loudmouth Kamala Harris are returning the money he gave them.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/06/well-well-well-what-do-we-have-here-guess-how-much-harvey-weinstein-donated-to-kamala-harris/

Oh yeah, tangent: Weinstein is claiming this is not his fault, that he was "a child of the 60's". So to make amends, he's, "dropping everything and devoting all his time to taking down the NRA."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:22:19 AM »
I've read a few things accusing Weinstein of sexual harassment, but I haven't seen any rape allegations.  Are people claiming he is a rapist, too?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
I've read a few things accusing Weinstein of sexual harassment, but I haven't seen any rape allegations.  Are people claiming he is a rapist, too?

It's a "coming out of the woodwork" kind of tsunami, much like the Cosby allegations, potentially bigger, and it's still in the early stages of the media cycle. The NV shooting, and his huge lib donor status is just slowing the MSM's roll on it is all.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
1.   I thought he was gay. 

2.   Wasn't he going to make a movie a couple years back that was suppose to take down the NRA ??

3.   Oh. Hypocrisy thy name is Liberal !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
"I apologize for victimizing women. I will atone for my sins by making sure women are disarmed. You're welcome."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
Did anyone else hear that part where his (former) lawyer was "coaching" him with things like "You can't talk to your female work colleagues in the same way you talk to other men"?

Um, I thought that gender-binary stuff was bad. I thought we weren't supposed to see the difference between male and female. Or is this another one of those exceptions, like when one of the presidential candidates is female, and you're supposed to vote for the girl one?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 05:57:24 PM »

I believe that he is no more a rapist than Roman Polanski.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »
1.   I thought he was gay. 

2.   Wasn't he going to make a movie a couple years back that was suppose to take down the NRA ??

3.   Oh. Hypocrisy thy name is Liberal !!!

confusing him with Harvey Fierstein?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 07:44:15 PM »
Kind of makes you wonder just who he wronged to get the full wrath of the libtardnation...

And, it does expose a pile-o-hypocrisy from some of the womens piling on. Ashley Judd was ready to have Trump burned at the stake over rude locker room talk but she hadn't said a word about Weinstein's actual behavior with her.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:12:51 PM »
So far no rapes....unless masturbating into a flower pot is considered a deflowering. :old: :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
On the schadenfreude side, a whole bunch of die hard Hillary fans are dissing her for $$$ remaining $$$ silent $$$ on Weinstein. $$$
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:03 PM »
Twitter
Clinton received hundreds of thousands from Weinstein in campaign & foundation $. If she stays silent she makes us all look like hypocrites

So you're saying Hillary Clinton was finally honest about something?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »
Of course he wants to take down the NRA. Under no circumstances does he want women to be able to defend themselves against him.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
So far no rapes....unless masturbating into a flower pot is considered a deflowering. :old: :rofl:

If by "rape" you mean a naive woman who didn't understand the quid-pro-quo of being on a date with him... she locked up, froze, or went into a disassociative state, and did not want to have sex with Weinstein, but didn't fight or say "no", and feels victimized... I would wager a week's pay the answer is "yes". At least once in all those years it most likely happened at least once.

If by "rape" you mean the woman said "no", fought back, and Weinstein had to overpower her... probably not.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
And.... it's rape accusations.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

And I'd still like to know who he pissed off that is higher up the food chain than him that let this shitstorm loose.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 12:45:04 PM »
Bill Clinton defended him saying "Harv is just a normal guy, didn't do anything I wouldn't do!"
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 12:45:38 PM »
Oh and he groped an Italian model/actress.  Manhattan DA had more than enough evidence (including an audio recording of Wienerstein admitting to groping her) and refused to prosecute.  2 weeks later Manhattan DA gets money from Wienerstein's lawyers.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/10/10/manhattan-da-cyrus-vance-under-fire-after-bombshell-harvey-weinstein-audio-released/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »
And.... it's rape accusations.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/from-aggressive-overtures-to-sexual-assault-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-tell-their-stories

And I'd still like to know who he pissed off that is higher up the food chain than him that let this shitstorm loose.

But every little thing from "Anonymous sources" about Trump hits the front page without confirmation....

This has been an open secret to many in Hollywood and beyond, but previous attempts by many publications, including The New Yorker, to investigate and publish the story over the years fell short of the demands of journalistic evidence.

All they had to do was follow-up on the rumours, and ask some of the victims, whose names were whispered around.   And since it was "an open secret", it would have been easy to prove, but you, the media, allowed a sexual predator to continue to victimize women because he's a big contributor to liberal causes and politicians...

Hypocrites.  Remember that all women claiming to be abused have the right to be heard.  (per Hillary)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »

I forgot which ones, but some not so well known Democratic congressmen have apparently donated the money he gave them to charity. Good for them - I may disagree with their politics, but I very much respect their ethics.

One of those was Connecticut's Richard Blumenthal. He's the sleazeball who lied about his military service for many years. He has no ethics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 10:30:39 PM »

1. They may very well have known about Weinstein's dirt, to say nothing of the possibility they were black-mailing him.

2. They may have given up the money for the sake of ethics, or they may have done it purely to avoid looking bad.

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
I read the timing of the release of the story was to deflect attention from the most recent Project Veritas video released this week of the Times' video gatekeeper .... also Harvey is no longer in a position financially to donate as he once did ... I've read that the politicians returning his contributions are donating them to liberal groups that donate to Democrats ...
 ;/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 08:58:39 AM »
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-harvey-weinstein-out-20171008-story.html

It's not exactly a secret that Hollywood executives, directors, producers, etc have often demanded sexual services in exchange for the possibility of favorable placement. Or that denying such demands would lead to being blackballed from the industry. I doubt that many of them beat the ever loving tar out of their victims. They've relied on their position, money and friends in politics, media and other corporations to maintain their crimes. They know that. They know that keeping to the correct political line, donating to the correct politicians, making the correct films, etc will keep them in a position of power, which they are knowingly allowed to exploit. Unless the floodgates open, the victims are at an individual huge disadvantage. In this case, Weinstein paid off a NYC district attorney with a measly $10k in exchange for getting charges dropped. Following the 'correct' steps shielded him for decades. I've seen plenty of victims who individually accused certain folks of crimes and get screamed down. Treated worse than the offender, certainly.

The same 'correctness' means when the fall happens, it is like falling into a piranha tank.

Directors and producers who flat out KNEW what Weinstein was doing will now beat their chests, rend their clothes and tear their hair. Journalists, prosecutors and politicians who directly covered up his crimes will publicly thunder, screaming how could this have happened. All will decry their own virtue, and shriek at the heretic who obviously they don't know, never knew and certainly never ever assisted in his heresy. I assume he'll be ritually thrown into a volcano. Or pay off the victim, be given the ceremonial slap on the wrist and retire to relative comfort and obscurity.

$1 says same thing happens in the publishing world.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.