Author Topic: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein  (Read 27056 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »

Directors and producers who flat out KNEW what Weinstein was doing will now beat their chests, rend their clothes and tear their hair. Journalists, prosecutors and politicians who directly covered up his crimes will publicly thunder, screaming how could this have happened. All will decry their own virtue, and shriek at the heretic who obviously they don't know, never knew and certainly never ever assisted in his heresy. I assume he'll be ritually thrown into a volcano. Or pay off the victim, be given the ceremonial slap on the wrist and retire to relative comfort and obscurity.

$1 says same thing happens in the publishing world.

Yup. You know 90% of the bigger names in both Hollywood and DC that are now outraged, not only knew about this stuff, but up until a week ago were laughing it up about, "That Harvey - what  a pip! Ha ha ha!"

I've hated Weinstein and his big, arrogant mouth on the political front since long before this current scandal. It infuriates me that I now almost sort of have to be sorry for the guy from the perspective of all these people that were okay with him prior to it not being okay to be okay with him suddenly coming out with their famous outrage against him.

A person should be held accountable and punished for crimes, but should be punished fairly. Weinstein should be fairy judged and punished. The evidence seems to be concrete, but the hypocrisy of all the high dollar celebrities and politicians who are only coming out because it's the popular thing to do now is disgusting. Where were all these feminists when Weinstein was forcing himself on farm girls from Kansas during their first script reading? Why was loudmouth Gwynith Paltrow okay with putting up with him because "...I had a movie coming out."? If you're a wealthy feminist who's out there going after people that don't affect you financially, why aren't you also doing the right thing and going after someone that might lose you a little of your millions? All the "famous" celebrity feminists should be ashamed of themselves.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »

https://twitter.com/terrycrews

Apparently, some exec even publicly assaulted Terry Crew. And Mr. Crew is still unwilling to go on record with the guy's name. Mr. Crew likely could have beaten the guy to death on the spot. And yet... years later, he is STILL too afraid to go the last mile and give up the guy's name. So, the guy probably has, is and will victimize more people. The offender knew what he was doing. He was demonstrating his power over other people. He got away with sexually assaulting someone far stronger than himself, probably to prove to himself how powerful he was. 

Not that I blame Mr. Crew. The exec is probably donating to the mayor, the prosecutors, all the elected judges. The cops know the score. They're not going to take some actor's side against their bosses' golf buddy. Even if they did, the prosecutors in Hollywood are practically selected for their ability to look the other way.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
Bears repeating:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 05:45:37 PM »
Oh, snap.

It took Hillary abt 5 minutes to blame NRA for madman's rampage, but 5 days to sorta-kinda blame Harvey Weinstein 4 his sexually assaults.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22166/kellyanne-conway-roasts-hillary-clintons-amanda-prestigiacomo
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 06:33:05 PM »
I find it curious that Hollyweird is so hard on Weinstein while they want to bestow sainthood on fugitive pedophile scumbag Roman Polanski.  Guess it's OK when you do it to a commoner.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:08 PM »
I find it curious that Hollyweird is so hard on Weinstein while they want to bestow sainthood on fugitive pedophile scumbag Roman Polanski.  Guess it's OK when you do it to a commoner.

Because Weinstein's rape and assault victims are 'important' people and Polanski was raping a kid.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22199/hypocrisy-academy-may-vote-remove-weinstein-while-paul-bois

Weinstein may be kicked out of the "academy," while Polanski and Cosby remain.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
I have a feeling there are a number of these executives in that industry that have done the same or worse.  I imagine some of those celebrities are embarrassed at what they did, allowed to happen, or witnessed. 

Someone else mentioned this on another thread:  Think of all the rumors you have ever heard about obscene or disgusting things happening in Hollywood and imagine they might all be true.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
It has been kind of enjoyable watching the libtardz turn on one of their own.
The collateral damage to some of the other bastions of moral authority on the left has also been a tasty side dish.
Let the feeding frenzy continue.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 09:33:44 PM »
It has been kind of enjoyable watching the libtardz turn on one of their own.
The collateral damage to some of the other bastions of moral authority on the left has also been a tasty side dish.
Let the feeding frenzy continue.
I am with you let's bring out the  [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 05:15:42 AM »
Because Weinstein's rape and assault victims are 'important' people and Polanski was raping a kid.

I really, really hope that Hollywood's pedophile power structure topples next.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 06:00:02 AM »
I really, really hope that Hollywood's pedophile power structure topples next.

^^^^^This.  I want to see those bastards frog march into courthouses in orange jumpsuits.  Corey Feldman tried to get the story out on The View back in 2011.  Babba Wawa shut him down.   I hope she burns in Hell.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/13/flashback-watch-barbara-walters-shame-corey-feldman-for-speaking-about-hollywood-abuse/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:19:40 AM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2017, 08:19:47 AM »
On Feb. 28, 2016, the entertainment industry gave the Oscar for best picture to "Spotlight," a fictionalized version of The Boston Globe's reporting of sexual abuse and its cover-up within the Catholic Church in Boston. The self-congratulation looks amazing now, after the exposure of decades of alleged harassment, and perhaps even rape, by Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein.

"This film gave a voice to survivors, and this Oscar amplifies that voice, which we hope will become a choir that will resonate all the way to the Vatican," said "Spotlight" producer Michael Sugar. "Pope Francis, it's time to protect the children and restore the faith."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22248/bozell-graham-hollywood-moralists-exposed-l-brent-bozell-iii

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 10:34:17 AM »
^^^^^This.  I want to see those bastards frog march into courthouses in orange jumpsuits.  Corey Feldman tried to get the story out on The View back in 2011.  Babba Wawa shut him down.   I hope she burns in Hell.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/13/flashback-watch-barbara-walters-shame-corey-feldman-for-speaking-about-hollywood-abuse/

You beat me to posting that link. Until I saw it, I had forgotten that years ago he was trying to tell everyone about the old guys who go after young boys in Hollyweird, and everyone  in that industry, as well as the MSM, dismissed him as a nut.

He is a weird guy, but I can't help but wonder if some of that comes from being diddled as a boy by the Weinsteins in Hollywood.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 08:13:43 PM »
So I agree with the gist of what Woody Allen said here, but he probably shouldn't have been the one to say it.

I could easily see this turn into a quite overblown feminist fad where a guy could get in trouble for looking at someone the wrong way.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/10/15/woody-allen-hopes-a-harvey-weinstein-witch-hunt-wont-prevent-him-from-winking-at-young-women/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2017, 07:25:43 AM »
So this actress wrote about Hollywood's sexual abuse problem, including some advice about how she takes steps to avoid it. She even whined about how unfair it is that women have to "police" themselves. It didn't stop morons from grousing about "victim-blaming."

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mayim-bialik-says-harvey-weinstein-proves-upside-to-not-being-sexy/

That's not surprising, but this is the part that intrigued me.

Another Twitter user wrote, “Mayim Bialik missed the perfect opportunity to call out men in Hollywood. Instead she blames women.”

For one thing, who needs an "opportunity" to bash men? Celebrities do that whenever they want to. Secondly, it's apparently OK to blame men for Hollywood's cultural rot, but not women.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2017, 10:27:08 AM »
So this actress wrote about Hollywood's sexual abuse problem, including some advice about how she takes steps to avoid it. She even whined about how unfair it is that women have to "police" themselves. It didn't stop morons from grousing about "victim-blaming."

Which is kinda funny (in a not funny way) when you see what's happening to Dana Loesch right now. Being doxxed, private phone number tracked down, called and told she would be "raped to death" among other things. Forced to move out of her home for her kids safety. Progressive response? "She has it coming".

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/10/15/threatened-to-rape-me-to-death-dana-loesch-shares-some-of-the-vile-threats-shes-received-to-the-metoo-hashtag/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »
Too true.

I should explain why I said Bialik was "whining." I'm referring to her complaint that women shouldn't have to police themselves. Curtailing certain behaviors is just a part of life, for both sexes. For a woman, it might be watching what she wears. For a man, like Mike Pence, it might be avoiding innocent situations that might be taken the wrong way.

Also, when Bialik talks about precautions she takes as a woman, they say it's bad for women. When Pence talks about precautions he takes as a man, they also say it's bad for women. Funny how that works.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2017, 11:28:23 AM »
My big wonderment about Weinstein is the pronunciation of his name.  The last 3 letters of wein and stein are spelled the same way.  Should it not be Weensteen or Winestine?    Inquiring minds wish to know.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2017, 11:34:01 AM »
My big wonderment about Weinstein is the pronunciation of his name.  The last 3 letters of wein and stein are spelled the same way.  Should it not be Weensteen or Winestine?    Inquiring minds wish to know.

I've had that thought multiple times over the past week.

Come on you German speakers, explain yourselves. German isn't a language like English where things aren't supposed to make sense.

(Yes, I know he's Jewish, but that's definitely not Hebrew.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »
I've had that thought multiple times over the past week.

Come on you German speakers, explain yourselves. German isn't a language like English where things aren't supposed to make sense.

(Yes, I know he's Jewish, but that's definitely not Hebrew.)

AFAIK, it's just his family's americanization of the pronunciation. My name sounds completely different when pronounced as it should be in German. Not that we "americanized" the name - it's just how Americans pronounce it. My first name should be pronounced similarly to "Bane" as the German version of Ben (in fact, specifically Southern German pronunciation), but I am quite happy to use the American version while in America.