Author Topic: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein  (Read 26964 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2017, 01:10:19 AM »
Feminist Lena "believe women" Dunham is believing one of her former writers over the woman who says he raped her when she was 17. Interesting, for someone who otherwise attacks men just for breathing.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/11/17/writer-for-lena-dunhams-girls-accused-of-rape-of-then-17-year-old-actress-aurora-perrineau/

I'll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/893566035638407168
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2017, 09:07:22 AM »

Plus isn't she also the one who was "raped by a Republican in cowboy boots"?

She's a prime example of the kind of "feminist" who hurts women. To her, having "rape on the resume" gives her feminist creds. Screw women who were actually raped, especially if they are of the wrong social belief system, or if they accuse people of the "correct" social belief system.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »
Plus isn't she also the one who was "raped by a Republican in cowboy boots"?

So she claims.  She also molested her own sister as a child.

Another pearl of wisdom from Dunham's scrambled brain:  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/20/lena-dunham-says-never-had-abortion-but-wish-had.html

(Regardless of one's stance on abortion, that's pretty messed up)
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

Typical.

"The woman must be believed! (Except when it's inconvenient to do so.)"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2017, 10:07:04 PM »
Ms. Dunham's PR team has been working hard:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lena-dunham-apologizes-defending-girls-writer-murray-miller-accusations-sexual-assault-1059803

Read Dunham's full statement below.

As feminists, we live and die by our politics, and believing women is the first choice we make every single day when we wake up. Therefore I never thought I would issue a statement publically (sic) supporting someone accused of sexual assault, but I naively believed it was important to share my perspective on my friend’s situation as it has transpired behind the scenes over the last few months. I now understand that it was absolutely the wrong time to come forward with such a statement and I am so sorry. We have been given the gift of powerful voices and by speaking out we were putting our thumb on the scale and it was wrong. We regret this decision with every fiber of our being.

Every woman who comes forward deserves to be heard, fully and completely, and our relationship to the accused should not be part of the calculation anyone makes when examining her case. Every person and every feminist should be required to hear her. Under patriarchy, “I believe you” is essential. Until we are all believed, none of us will be believed. We apologize to any women who have been disappointed.

Shortly after posting her statement, Dunham deleted her tweet. Below is a screenshot of the original tweet.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2017, 12:03:18 AM »
No apology to the (alleged) victim, I see.
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
I couldn't help noticing that, mid-way through "her" statement, she switched from "I" to  "we." If she were a journalist it might be written off as an editorial we, but in this case I think it's a [very misplaced] case of royal we. She actually seems to think that she's a person who matters.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
I couldn't help noticing that, mid-way through "her" statement, she switched from "I" to  "we." If she were a journalist it might be written off as an editorial we, but in this case I think it's a [very misplaced] case of royal we. She actually seems to think that she's a person who matters.

The original statement was a joint one from Me. Dunham and another person from her show. (Producer, I think?) I assume the sniveling not-apology is also joint, hence the "we"s.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »
Interesting. The left is arguing against zero tolerance, now that it affects them. Tell it to the 7 year old that gets expelled for pointing a finger and saying 'pow".

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/11/20/laurence-tribes-hot-take-on-al-franken-so-scorching-it-melts-hypocrisy-detectors/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
A second woman has accused Franken of grabbing her:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html

... but since he's a Democrat, he should be forgiven.
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
... and another:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/20/top-california-dem-stepping-down-amid-new-sexual-harassment-claims.html

A top California Democrat is scrapping his re-election campaign and resigning his leadership post amid growing sexual harassment allegations.

California Assembly Majority Whip Raul Bocanegra announced he plans to step down next year -- after a staffer said he put his hands inside her blouse at a nightclub in 2009 and The Los Angeles Times reportedly presented him with harassment allegations from a total of six women.

(It's almost a full-time job just keeping up)
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2017, 10:21:51 PM »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »
This is me  [popcorn] [popcorn].
Pretty soon it will just be a "everybody does it" dismissal and the worst of them will skate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
I don't tend to don the tinfoil hat very often, but I'm starting to wonder if there is an end game here that brings this back to attacking Trump. I have no doubt the democrats would throw a few of their own under the bus in order to create an environment where someone can more easily be forced out using past allegations.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »
I don't tend to don the tinfoil hat very often, but I'm starting to wonder if there is an end game here that brings this back to attacking Trump. I have no doubt the democrats would throw a few of their own under the bus in order to create an environment where someone can more easily be forced out using past allegations.

I have had the same tinfoily thoughts. I would normally consider it an outrageous stretch, but considering some of the other crazy stuff that has been done since Trump won, and the "resistance", it sadly becomes a viable possibility.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
I was thinking more that there is other news that is passing under the radar.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »
Big John Howell signed off on his morning shwo on WLS today with "We'll be back tomorrow morning with at least 4 more Sexual Assault/Harassment cases."

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
Big John Howell signed off on his morning shwo on WLS today with "We'll be back tomorrow morning with at least 4 more Sexual Assault/Harassment cases."

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Well, here's two:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/article/New-Mexico-Democrat-undeterred-by-harassment-12371804.php

Padilla was accused in two federal lawsuits of harassing women while helping the city of Albuquerque overhaul a problem-plagued emergency call center in 2006. The city ended up settling "sexually hostile work environment" claims stemming from Padilla's six-week tenure as a supervisor.

And:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-rep-john-conyers-settled-complaint-over-sexual-conduct/

Michigan Rep. John Conyers settled a complaint in 2015 from a woman who alleged she was fired from his Washington staff because she rejected his sexual advances ...

- Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »
Apparently there is something called the "me too" act heading to congress. Sounds like something ripe for abuse. If it's anything like the zero tolerance policy in schools, I'm glad I'm retired. If I was still working, I would immediately initiate the Pence Maneuver and never, ever, be alone anywhere in the workplace with a female.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2017/11/21/thats-it-nancy-pelosis-response-to-john-conyers-allegations-is-total-garbage/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »
Honestly, and I'd want to read it very closely because...democrats, but the ME TOO Congress (a strained acronym if there ever was one) doesn't look too bad.  Lots of training, which as a DOD employee I relish seeing inflicted on the ones who gave it to us, and some reforms of the reporting and complaint rules, which is needed.  It seems to confine itself to congress and congressional employees.

I like this part:

Quote from: linked article
Members of Congress accused of harassment would also have to repay the Treasury for the settlements paid to victims.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/360489-lawmakers-unveil-me-too-congress-bill-to-overhaul-sexual-harassment-policies

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »
Honestly, and I'd want to read it very closely because...democrats, but the ME TOO Congress (a strained acronym if there ever was one) doesn't look too bad.  Lots of training, which as a DOD employee I relish seeing inflicted on the ones who gave it to us, and some reforms of the reporting and complaint rules, which is needed.  It seems to confine itself to congress and congressional employees.

I like this part:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/360489-lawmakers-unveil-me-too-congress-bill-to-overhaul-sexual-harassment-policies

Okay, I like the sound of that. On paper at least. I'd love to see congress have to do all the same diversity et. al. training that regular gov employees have to go through.

Though I don't have high hopes. Hillary was supposed to get training and sign documentation regarding classified material. The big wigs always seem to find a loophole.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
Apparently there is something called the "me too" act heading to congress. Sounds like something ripe for abuse. If it's anything like the zero tolerance policy in schools, I'm glad I'm retired. If I was still working, I would immediately initiate the Pence Maneuver and never, ever, be alone anywhere in the workplace with a female.

For years now, I never spent any time in a female cowoker's office (or her in mine) unless the door is open.  (and I spend a lot of time collaborating with my coworkers, and lately, especially a couple of the females)  And never been to lunch with one unless it was with a group.  There's no point in inviting trouble, and the trouble doesn't even have to come from her.  Someone might see us together and start gossiping (but we're all old enough now that's probably unlikely)

AFAIK, everyone around here does that.  I don't think I even spend any time alone with the guys with the door closed.
"It's good, though..."