Author Topic: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein  (Read 27051 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Feminist Politicians and Harvey Weinstein
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »
Oh *expletive deleted*it!  You went to the victim blaming.  You KNOW that you are absolutely not allowed to imply that actions might have consequences.

SHUN!!!  SHUN THE HERETIC!!!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

Oh Gawd how I wish I had some decent photoshop skills!  The Senator's pose in this just begs for a "Franken-stein" treatment of some sort.  Maybe Franken-stein chasing a fleeing bride of Franken-stein?  (Pelosi-stein?)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:58 AM »
Oh Gawd how I wish I had some decent photoshop skills!  The Senator's pose in this just begs for a "Franken-stein" treatment of some sort.  Maybe Franken-stein chasing a fleeing bride of Franken-stein?  (Pelosi-stein?)

He needs to be groping Ben Stein.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2018, 12:44:38 PM »
And Weinstein is [indirectly] back in the news, courtesy of Meryl Streep.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/meryl-streep-dustin-hoffman-kramer-vs-kramer-slap-overstepping-the-post-1202235246/

Ms. Streep continues to claim that she had no idea Weinstein was abusing anyone. But then, catch this:

But when it comes down to it, Streep doesn’t want to hear about her silence. “I want to hear about the silence of Melania Trump. I want to hear from her. She has so much that’s valuable to say,” she said. “And so does Ivanka. I want her to speak now.”

Talk about misdirection! What do Melania and Ivanka Trump have to do with Harvey Weinstein and whether or not Meryl Streep knew but kept her mouth closed to protect her career? Melania and Ivanka aren't Hollywood. They've never been part of the movie industry. Sorry, Meryl, I'm not prepared to allow you to pull the smoke and mirrors trick on this one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
I don't remember Ivanka nor Melania giving Roman Polanski a standing ovation at an awards show, nor referring to Harvey Weinstein as "G-d".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »
This is an interesting twist. I was kind of wondering when more euros would weigh in. In my experience, European women are generally way less uptight about this stuff than American women. Even the krauts who generally have a "hands off and out of my personal space" policy (men and women) laugh off innuendo and other sex related stuff (not counting Islamic grab ass games). I don't think "me too" to the extent it has been applied in the US, would fly in most any European country. Maybe not most countries.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/09/catherine-deneuve-calls-out-metoo-movement-says-men-should-be-free-to-hit-on-women.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:48 PM »
What a refreshing perspective:

“Rape is a crime, but trying to seduce someone, even persistently or cack-handedly, is not – nor is men being gentlemanly a macho attack,” said Deneuve.

I especially liike the last part, since I'm one of those [male chauvinist] olde phartes who persists in thinking that a gentleman should open doors for women.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2018, 09:53:53 PM »
Hell, don't know what is OK anymore.
If you make even a gentlemanly advance on a woman you are a misogynistic cisgender pig. If you don't make even a gentlemanly advance on a transgendered whateverthehell you are a misogynistic cisgender pig.

No damn wonder the sex robot industry is looking so great.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2018, 10:10:09 PM »
What a refreshing perspective:

I especially liike the last part, since I'm one of those [male chauvinist] olde phartes who persists in thinking that a gentleman should open doors for women.

I bet you'd call someone sweetheart too. You monster.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2018, 04:40:34 PM »
I bet you'd call someone sweetheart too. You monster.

I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
Saw a news bit somewhere, that said Weinstein got punched in the face at a restaurant.  No video, though.   =(
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
Saw a news bit somewhere, that said Weinstein got punched in the face at a restaurant.  No video, though.   =(

The father of an actresses who was basically blacklisted because she wouldn't let him perv on her was threatening to do just that. Wonder if he got his shot in after all.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »
Hell, don't know what is OK anymore.
If you make even a gentlemanly advance on a woman you are a misogynistic cisgender pig. If you don't make even a gentlemanly advance on a transgendered whateverthehell you are a misogynistic cisgender pig.

No damn wonder the sex robot industry is looking so great.

You mean like this or this
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
You mean like this or this

Oh, dear G-d!

Interviewer (@ 7:18): "The gender possibilities are sort of endless in the world, right, so why not have them all [indistinct]?"

9th grade Biology fail. There are only two genders, male, and female. That pretty much limits the gender "possibilities" to a very finite set ... which is a lot smaller than "endless."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2018, 01:29:55 PM »

Saw a clip on TV this morning; Weinstein was with his "sober coach" at a restaurant when another patron allegedly struck him and told him to leave.  The report stated that the alleged assailant may have been drunk at the time.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »
That sends a tingle down MY leg!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »
That sends a tingle down MY leg!

You might consider Depends for that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams