Author Topic: easy and tasty fall soup- smoked sausage and kale w apple  (Read 3255 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
easy and tasty fall soup- smoked sausage and kale w apple
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »
Ok all soups are easy but this was really, really tasty and looked good enough to sell.
1/2# smoked sausage (I used my own venison) cut into 1/4" slices if brat diameter, pan fry in olive oil with mushroom, green onion, minced garlic until browned, add chicken or beef stock to stock pot. add clean and chopped kale (several handfuls) and 1 chopped apple, and sun dried tomatoes diced small. also add pre soaked white beans about 1.5 cups or use other bean of choice as long as they are rinsed and drained.
cover and simmer until done salt and pepper to taste.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: easy and tasty fall soup- smoked sausage and kale w apple
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:47:53 PM »
Ok all soups are easy but this was really, really tasty and looked good enough to sell.
1/2# smoked sausage (I used my own venison) cut into 1/4" slices if brat diameter, pan fry in olive oil with mushroom, green onion, minced garlic until browned, add chicken or beef stock to stock pot. add clean and chopped kale (several handfuls) and 1 chopped apple, and sun dried tomatoes diced small. also add pre soaked white beans about 1.5 cups or use other bean of choice as long as they are rinsed and drained.
cover and simmer until done salt and pepper to taste.

I've done something like this w/o the apple or mushrooms.  I usually use canned beans because it goes together so fast that way.  I may try it your way next.
"It's good, though..."

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: easy and tasty fall soup- smoked sausage and kale w apple
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
After I posted I realized it was closer to 1 pound of sausage. Pre cooked works best then just sautee with the onion and mushroom and garlic. If you want a little more heat add some dried crushed red pepper flakes.
You can also sub spinach if you don't have ready fresh kale.
What we have here is failure to communicate.