Author Topic: iPhone Photo download?  (Read 711 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
iPhone Photo download?
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:04:26 PM »
I have a house guest who has a metric boatload of photos on her iPhone from her trip. She wants to copy them onto a thumb drive. I don't own an iPhone so I have no software on my computer (Windows 7) to handle it. When I plug the iPhones umbilical cord into the computer, the computer sees an iPhone, but running Windows Explorer doesn't show me any directory structure for the iPhone. In fact, it doesn't even show the iPhone as a drive.

What do I need to do to copy her photos over?

TIA
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: iPhone Photo download?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 10:27:47 PM »
iTunes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »
I used to use ifuse but that was a couple years ago.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Got it.

It's almost automatic, but I didn't realize a screen pops up on the phone asking for permission. In English it asks, "Trust?" But her phone is in Spanish, so I wouldn't have recognized it even if I had known to look for it. But we got the images copied over. Thanks.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 05:36:05 AM »
You figured it out.  We do it the same way, as if it was a digital camera or external drive.  No need to fire up iTunes just to get pics off the phone.

Chris