Armed Polite Society
September 22, 2018, 03:28:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This week in "Parody is Dead"  (Read 815 times)
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« on: October 17, 2017, 10:18:40 AM »

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/children-story-time-weimar-america-drag-queen/

You'll have to click the link for the article, I won't be posting the picture.

Let me quote the description of the picture though:

A Satanically clad drag queen reading to children at the Michelle Obama Library in Long Beach, California.

Judging from the audience, those are 3 year olds. Listening to an insane drag queen.

I... do not have the words to describe how incredible this is. Can I have a new country planet, please?

eta: Fixed title
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:23:46 PM by Amy Schumer » Report to moderator   Logged

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
AJ Dual
friends

Shoe Ballistics Inc.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »

I know it's hard...  but sometimes when some group is strutting about with a big chip on their shoulder, just dying waiting for someone to knock it off, the best thing to do is just ignore them.

Do you think they really care about normalizing or mainstreaming drag queens to little kids or mainstream America? BTDT... Ru Paul did that in the 90's. Ship has sailed. Hell... maybe Monty Python did that in the 70's...

No. They're praying the WBC or some such shows up to protest, or some city official tries to order the library to ban the event. Then if/when someone foolishly rises to the bait, drag queens will be damn scarce on the ground in every blue city, and probably quite a few red ones, as all the libraries across the nation scramble to host their own story-time and show "solidarity".
Report to moderator   Logged

I promise not to duck.
cordex
friend

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:22:39 PM »

I know it's hard... 
That's what he ... she ... it ... dammit, I'm getting confused again.
freakazoid
friend

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »

I remember hearing about this some time ago. Is this a regular event they are doing?

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic
fistful
I'll be your gunsplainer this evening.
friend

Don't mention the abortion!

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »

How's this for parody?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22390/neo-nazi-comes-out-gay-jew-quits-movement-amanda-prestigiacomo

Snowflakes: fragile since 1520
"The ears of our generation have been made so delicate by the senseless multitude of flatterers that, as soon as we perceive that anything of ours is not approved of, we cry out that we are being bitterly assailed; and when we can repel the truth by no other pretense, we escape by attributing bitterness, impatience, intemperance, to our adversaries."
--Martin Luther, On Christian Liberty
griz
friend

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:10 AM »

I heard about that gay Jewish Nazi  this morning.  It's getting even harder to explain to somebody what satire used to be.

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.
230RN
friend

The United States is the last domino.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »

I heard about that gay Jewish Nazi  this morning.  It's getting even harder to explain to somebody what satire used to be.

Quoted for Truth.

I think.

Terry

Accusations are cheap.
Defense is expensive.
zxcvbob
friend

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »

Who knew the Comedy Central "Frontline" piece on Clayton Bigsby was a real documentary.  I thought it was a parody when it first came out:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nnosh/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ga0sc4/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--2---uncensored

"It's good, though..."
230RN
friend

The United States is the last domino.

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »

We've Updated Our Terms. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to the Site's updated Terms of Use and consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of information as described in this Site's updated Privacy Policy.

"Nuts."  --General Anthony McAuliffe

Accusations are cheap.
Defense is expensive.
Blakenzy
friend

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »

Diversitah  cheesy

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: