Author Topic: This week in "Parody is Dead"  (Read 1186 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
This week in "Parody is Dead"
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/children-story-time-weimar-america-drag-queen/

You'll have to click the link for the article, I won't be posting the picture.

Let me quote the description of the picture though:

A Satanically clad drag queen reading to children at the Michelle Obama Library in Long Beach, California.

Judging from the audience, those are 3 year olds. Listening to an insane drag queen.

I... do not have the words to describe how incredible this is. Can I have a new country planet, please?

eta: Fixed title
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:23:46 PM by Amy Schumer »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: This week in parody is dead
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 03:54:10 PM »
I know it's hard...  but sometimes when some group is strutting about with a big chip on their shoulder, just dying waiting for someone to knock it off, the best thing to do is just ignore them.

Do you think they really care about normalizing or mainstreaming drag queens to little kids or mainstream America? BTDT... Ru Paul did that in the 90's. Ship has sailed. Hell... maybe Monty Python did that in the 70's...

No. They're praying the WBC or some such shows up to protest, or some city official tries to order the library to ban the event. Then if/when someone foolishly rises to the bait, drag queens will be damn scarce on the ground in every blue city, and probably quite a few red ones, as all the libraries across the nation scramble to host their own story-time and show "solidarity".
I promise not to duck.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
I know it's hard... 
That's what he ... she ... it ... dammit, I'm getting confused again.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »
I remember hearing about this some time ago. Is this a regular event they are doing?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
How's this for parody?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22390/neo-nazi-comes-out-gay-jew-quits-movement-amanda-prestigiacomo

I heard about that gay Jewish Nazi  this morning.  It's getting even harder to explain to somebody what satire used to be.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »
I heard about that gay Jewish Nazi  this morning.  It's getting even harder to explain to somebody what satire used to be.

Quoted for Truth.

I think.

Terry

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:11:33 PM »
Who knew the Comedy Central "Frontline" piece on Clayton Bigsby was a real documentary.  I thought it was a parody when it first came out:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nnosh/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ga0sc4/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--2---uncensored
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 06:04:25 PM »
We've Updated Our Terms. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to the Site's updated Terms of Use and consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of information as described in this Site's updated Privacy Policy.

"Nuts."  --General Anthony McAuliffe

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: This week in "Parody is Dead"
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 12:46:11 AM »
Diversitah  :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"