Author Topic: On the Haqqani Captured Couple Recently Rescued  (Read 1350 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On the Haqqani Captured Couple Recently Rescued
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
While I'm glad the Pakistanis were able to rescue them (though I think the couple made a stupid mistake that allowed them to be captured in the first place), does anyone besides me think there is a LOT more to this story?

The husband didn't want to come back. The wife was pregnant when captured, so child #1 is understandable, but how do you have three more kids in captivity? The only logical explanation to me would be that the kids all have different fathers, if you know what I mean (though they seem to be saying the wife was only raped once). What normal people would choose to have children in captivity? Also other things aside, the Haqqani killing one of the children is barbaric.

Yet somehow I think there is a lot more going on here.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10/15/haqqani-captors-killed-child-raped-wife-canadian-ex-hostage-says.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On the Haqqani Captured Couple Recently Rescued
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
I agree, a lot doesn't add up.

Stay tuned.  [popcorn]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

agricola

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »
Not to diss Fox's report, but the way the Guardian have reported this suggest that he didn't call for justice from the Afghan government, he called for justice from the Taliban:

“The stupidity and the evil of the Haqqani network in the kidnapping of a pilgrim ... was eclipsed only by the stupidity and evil of authorising the murder of my infant daughter,” Boyle said, in a calm voice which cracked at the mention of the child.

“And the stupidity and evil of the subsequent rape of my wife, not as a lone action, but by one guard, but assisted by the captain of the guard and supervised by the commandant.”

He did not elaborate on what he meant by “pilgrim”, or on the murder or rape. Coleman, who was not at the news conference, was preparing to travel to Boyle’s family home in Smiths Falls, 50 miles (80km) south-west of Ottawa, with their three children, all of whom were born in captivity.

He said the Taliban, whom he referred to by their official name – the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan – had carried out an investigation last year and conceded that the crimes against his family were perpetrated by the Haqqani network.

He called on the Taliban “to provide my family with the justice we are owed”. “God willing, this litany of stupidity will be the epitaph of the Haqqani network,” said Boyle.

TBH I think quite a lot of it adds up, just that no-one wants to report it yet - at least until officialdom gets involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/14/canadian-held-in-afghanistan-says-child-was-killed-and-wife-raped-in-captivity
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 02:37:43 PM »

TBH I think quite a lot of it adds up, just that no-one wants to report it yet - at least until officialdom gets involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/14/canadian-held-in-afghanistan-says-child-was-killed-and-wife-raped-in-captivity

Looks like he's a convert to Islam who got caught up in sectarian in-fighting.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
None of it makes sense. Apparently he has some connection to that guy Canada gave millions of dollars to that was in Guantanamo. How do you conceive and have 3 children while a hostage? He may have had Taliban sympathies to begin with based on his going there as a "pilgrim". I really wish the Media would ask questions first before almost lionizing people that are in these situations.

To me he brought it all on himself, and I question how much of a hostage he really was if he was able to conceive and have 3 children with his wife. I mean who even does that, let's have sex and not make any attempt not to have children while we are being held hostage. Even if one was a mistake you continue to have two more? You don't say hey maybe having sex isn't such a good idea. I find it hard to believe the hostage takers would have been forcing them to have sex that would result in children, and more than once. It just doesn't make sense.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 06:20:47 PM »
None of it makes sense. Apparently he has some connection to that guy Canada gave millions of dollars to that was in Guantanamo. How do you conceive and have 3 children while a hostage? He may have had Taliban sympathies to begin with based on his going there as a "pilgrim". I really wish the Media would ask questions first before almost lionizing people that are in these situations.

To me he brought it all on himself, and I question how much of a hostage he really was if he was able to conceive and have 3 children with his wife. I mean who even does that, let's have sex and not make any attempt not to have children while we are being held hostage. Even if one was a mistake you continue to have two more? You don't say hey maybe having sex isn't such a good idea. I find it hard to believe the hostage takers would have been forcing them to have sex that would result in children, and more than once. It just doesn't make sense.

Umm, they may not all be his.  There is mention of rape by their captors.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
Umm, they may not all be his.  There is mention of rape by their captors.

He says they are his, and they don't look like they are part Afghani/Pakistani or any ethnicity from that area of the world.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
Stockholm Syndrome anyone?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
Nutcase, anyone?

Did anyone happen to take note of their itinerary prior to their being taken captive?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Nutcase, anyone?

Did anyone happen to take note of their itinerary prior to their being taken captive?

This.

They went for a hike in a region populated by volatile aholes,  what could possibly go wrong?  It's becoming trite,  but PSGWSP  (play stupid games win stupid prizes)
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »
Did anyone take note that he refused the offer of flying back on a US military plane because he was afraid that he'd end up in Guantanamo?

Supposedly because his former brother in law was one hell of a nasty guy?

That an a bunch of other stuff really makes me wonder just WTF they were doing in Apache country in the first place...

Sightseeing?

Or attempting to provide aid and support to the enemy?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/caitlan-coleman-joshua-boyle-hostage-kids-captivity/

So they had the kids in captivity because they always wanted a big family and the wife’s clocks was ticking... and had at least one maybe two after supposed captors supposedly killed one ... They obviously didn’t feel in enough danger not to be bringing children into the situation or were so selfish they didn’t even care about the children.

I’m just not buying it. I think they were more likely there willingly. Either that or they are complete wackadoos. Probably both wackadoos and there willingly.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »

I'm going with code red on this guy.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
... Guys, I don't think the Taliban keeps stocks of condoms and the pill available for their prisoners.

While I agree that there's a lot of potentially fishy things going around there, I think your really barking up the wrong tree with the whole "why would they have children in captivity?" thing.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/caitlan-coleman-joshua-boyle-hostage-kids-captivity/

So they had the kids in captivity because they always wanted a big family and the wife’s clocks was ticking... and had at least one maybe two after supposed captors supposedly killed one ... They obviously didn’t feel in enough danger not to be bringing children into the situation or were so selfish they didn’t even care about the children.

I’m just not buying it. I think they were more likely there willingly. Either that or they are complete wackadoos. Probably both wackadoos and there willingly.

Mix of crazy, sympathetic to the Taliban and stupid seems most likely.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 08:44:28 PM »
... Guys, I don't think the Taliban keeps stocks of condoms and the pill available for their prisoners.

While I agree that there's a lot of potentially fishy things going around there, I think your really barking up the wrong tree with the whole "why would they have children in captivity?" thing.  ;/

Did they not learn about the birds and the bees?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »

It's something called celibacy, which you engage in if you are the prisoners of a terrorist group, to prevent bearing children in hell (if you're actually a prisoner of said terrorist group). Especially considering what these particular groups do to young children. Especially after they already killed one of your children.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »

No I don’t think so. They didn’t have to have sex, there are ways to avoid pregnancies even without condoms or the pill. From the guys comments they were actively trying to have children. That tends to show they really weren’t that concerned about bringing children into the situation; that is bizarre and shows mental health issues especially when they claimed their captors killed one of the children. Then they had more children while still being held by the same people? There is something wrong with these people and or their story.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:05 PM »
He's also insisting that all the children are biologically his despite also saying that some of their captors raped his wife.  ;/

So, yes, he could be a sketchy traitor who converted over to the Taliban's case and the discrepancies in his story are because he doesn't want to get caught

or

He's psychologically imbalanced due to the whole being in captivity for years, watching his wife get raped, infant daughter being killed and god knows what else and the discrepancies in his story are the results of him being pretty well nutterbutters.
I mean really, what man wants to admit that the children he's been caring for, the results of his wife's body, are actually the children of her rapists whom he was powerless to stop?  Or that he may have done or said a whole lot of things to appease his captors and try to survive?
It's not exactly unheard of for people who are in a situation in which they are powerless to do some pretty insane things in order to give them some illusion of power over themselves. Nor is it unheard of for them to lie to themselves and others about it.

Yeah, there is something wrong with his story. The thing is what's wrong with his story doesn't prove anything about him or what his situation was.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds