Author Topic: Kahr pistols  (Read 2374 times)

Sawdust

• friend
Re: Kahr pistols
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »
I've carried a PM9 daily for the last 11 years.

It took a few tries to settle on ammo that would reliably feed, but that is the only problem that I had with it.

Goes bang clean, or dirty.
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
He's not lying.  He was referring to his 4" 9mm.

I thought he had a 2" snub...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
"Goes bang clean, or dirty."

Wait, your gun, or Jason?

If the former, good!

If the latter, oh God I'm going to be sick thinking about that.  [barf]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
I thought he had a 2" snub...
It is completely respectable ... proportionately speaking.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
I prefer the M&P over the Xd, but either would probably work for her.  The Sig 320 is pretty good, too, but I've never tried their compact size. 

I've got the M&P 45c and it's a fantastic gun. 

It's a shame hearing the problems with the Kahr.  I thought it might be a really good option for her to consider.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »
Does she definitely want polymer?

If she's OK with steel, then I still recommend the S&W 3913, one of the best semi-autos the company has ever made.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
then I still recommend the S&W 3913, one of the best semi-autos the company has ever made.

Is S&W still supporting those?  I thought I read the other day they had stopped. 

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »
Don't know. Would hope not but wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
Looking at a price or two for the CT9 on the internet, that is pretty cheap.  The only guns I have heard of in that range lately are the Shield, Canik pistols, and maybe Rugers.  If you are willing to go up to $500, there are probably a dozen or more single stack 9mm pistols out there.  

Speaking for the one Canik I have, they are great pistols if they fit what you are looking for.  They have a compact version (15 round mag) also.  Or just get her a Glock 19 or CZ P10.  The CZ 75 Compact or P01 is also a good choice.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
I *expletive deleted*it you not the Kahr guy was all like "this one is very popular with the ladies" as he shows me their smallest 380 with laser.

Actually, I think part of my distaste for the brand is based on the fact that they do seem rather popular with the sisterhood of the traveling holster set.
That, Bersa and, nowadays, SCCY.
When that crowd is the majority of singing the praises of a particular brand or pistol, I generally assume it's crap unless someone I respect can convince me otherwise.

Admittedly, I've seen some reviews of the SCCYs that seem to put them in the same category as Hi Point (crap that actually works) but I still don't see the appeal of a plastic handgun that looks like some cheap *expletive deleted*it from Toys'R'Us.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »
Might also take a look at the Ruger LC9. I've heard a couple folks mention liking them. IIRC there's something about chamfering the firing pin hole to keep from shaving bits of brass off case rims. Other than that the only thing I can think of is some folks removing the mag safety interlock. Other than that it seems to be a decent gun though, admittedly, I've never personally fired one.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 06:57:36 PM »
Might also take a look at the Ruger LC9. I've heard a couple folks mention liking them. IIRC there's something about chamfering the firing pin hole to keep from shaving bits of brass off case rims. Other than that the only thing I can think of is some folks removing the mag safety interlock. Other than that it seems to be a decent gun though, admittedly, I've never personally fired one.

Brad

I believe that one has two different generations.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

I believe that one has two different generations.

The original, a Kel Tec PF9 clone but with manual safety and magazine disconnect.  No longer listed on Ruger's website.

The LC9s, looks the same, but is a striker fired gun.

LC9s "Pro", the LC9s, without manual safety and magazine disconnect.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »

Brad

I hadn't heard about that for the Rugers.  This is one of the changes Kel Tec started doing with their PF9.  (I had a PF9 for a few years, that I kind of got tired of eventually.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.