Author Topic: Moar proof of Trump Derangement Syndrome  (Read 787 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Moar proof of Trump Derangement Syndrome
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9997

College students hate Trump's tax plan. When the same plan is pitched as Bernie Sanders' plan -- they love it. I thought colleges were supposed to teach young people how to think. I guess that's another antiquated notion of mine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Moar proof of Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »
One thing I will say for the conservative side is that even though we have our own set of sycophants, for the most part, we call bull when we see it and don't automatically agree with whoever we consider leadership. One of the reasons there is so much infighting on the R side of the aisle, IMO.

To tie into thoughts in another thread here, the difference between those who respect our Republic, and those who keep saying we're a mob rule democracy, where as long as 51% of people believe they can herd up, that they can also then push the rest of us around.

Secondarily, given the polled population, it's the peer pressure and being part of the popular crowd in college.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9997

College students hate Trump's tax plan. When the same plan is pitched as Bernie Sanders' plan -- they love it. I thought colleges were supposed to teach young people how to think. I guess that's another antiquated notion of mine.

To be fair, I think that they both cherry picked the responses in that video, they always do, and cherry picked which parts of Trump's plan they talked about.

The death tax, for example, that only hits the richest.  Not mentioning lowering corporate taxes at all, or the rejiggering of tax brackets.

But yeah, people do just hate Trump.  I have some concerns about his tax plan as it isn't very specific in spots, but isn't bad otherwise.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
But yeah, people do just hate Trump.

:facepalm:

I think adult Americans that are capable of thinking for themselves like Trump ... the brainless sheep that only think what they're told by all media and Hollywood outlets dislike Trump w/o knowing anything about him other than what their leaders tell them ... It is all about the money and Trump returning power  to the people ... the elite can't have that.

[popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
:facepalm:

I think adult Americans that are capable of thinking for themselves like Trump ... the brainless sheep that only think what they're told by all media and Hollywood outlets dislike Trump w/o knowing anything about him other than what their leaders tell them ... It is all about the money and Trump returning power  to the people ... the elite can't have that.

[popcorn]
They say one way to judge a person is by the enemies he makes . . . and so far, Trump seems to be making all the right enemies.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain