Author Topic: OUCH! My poor abused skin!!!!  (Read 3780 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
OUCH! My poor abused skin!!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2005, 06:04:53 AM »
Sindawe, have you ever tried witch hazel?

I have extremely sensitive skin on my face and quite a few scars on my chin (long story) that make shaving an ordeal.

When I do shave, I use witch hazel immediately after and the razor burn is gone.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39:54 AM »
Quote from: grislyatoms
Sindawe, have you ever tried witch hazel?

I have extremely sensitive skin on my face and quite a few scars on my chin (long story) that make shaving an ordeal.

When I do shave, I use witch hazel immediately after and the razor burn is gone.
I sometimes use witchhazel, usually when it's hot out side and I know I may do some perspiring. Or I use rubbing alchohol if I can't get any witchhazel. My sinuses can't get along with smelly aftershaves.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

One of Many

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »
You seem to have overlooked the best solution of all.  Grow a beard, and only shave around the edge once every three months after the barber clips it short.  That way, you can use the same manual safety razor blade for years, and ingrown hairs are a momentary irritation. It saves a lot of time during the daily cleansing ritual.

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 01:41:56 PM »
considering the scar I have from a mach 3, im staying the #### away from a straight razor Smiley

atek3

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »
I was an electric (Norelco) kinda guy.  I've since found the key to blade shaving is prep.  Hard wash in the shower using a scotch bright pad.  Pulls up the hair removes dead skin.  Actual shaving involves using a splash of Williams Lectric shave followed by a shaving soap.  The razor is a BIC (gotta show some support for the French).  Finish up with a soapy wash and a face balm and I'm good to go.  After decades of shaving and fighting ingrown hairs I think I've licked the problem.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 05:28:13 AM »
Quote from: cas700850
Anothe one for Mach 3.  I'm still amazed by how much better the shave is with a third blade.  Anyone try one of the vibrating ones?  Does it actually do anything, or just a gimmick?
I use it for my legs (I'm a female by the way) and love it. My bf uses it and he says he likes it better then the regular Mach III... Only thing is that we're cheap and refuse to pay the extra price for the Mach III Turbo blades. He says it gives him a closer shave and I'll admit his 5 o'clock shadow isn't as bad as with the regular Mach III...

Kat
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.