Author Topic: Pelosi doesn't know when to quit  (Read 2075 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Pelosi doesn't know when to quit
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
I thought we had a discussion on whether or not it's time for Nancy Pelosi to retire. If we did, I can't find it, so here it is.

I think the answer is a resounding, "Yes!" In fact, I think it's about a year (or more) past when she should have retired.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/pelosi-struggles-form-sentences-tv-interview-calls-robert-mueller-mother/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Pelosi doesn't know when to quit
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
Disagree. She is the sort of Democratic leader the country really needs right now.  ;)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
When your enemy is committing a blunder, let them.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »
With regards to the title,  neither does McCain.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:26 PM »
Really hoping she stays and all this latest star power convince Fredrica Wilson of rodeo clown fame to make a 2020 presidential bid. I am long on popcorn futures.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
With regards to the title,  neither does McCain.
I thought I heard McCain said he wasn't running for reelection again, but I could have misheard. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Let me ask this, in all seriousness.  Ohio has a law in place that puts an age limit on judges.  You cannot run for judge if you are 70 or older.  If elected before age 70, you can finish that term.  The idea behind it is to keep judges mentally sharp.  Shouldn't there be some similar restrictions on those who make the laws?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 11:53:02 AM »
Let me ask this, in all seriousness.  Ohio has a law in place that puts an age limit on judges.  You cannot run for judge if you are 70 or older.  If elected before age 70, you can finish that term.  The idea behind it is to keep judges mentally sharp.  Shouldn't there be some similar restrictions on those who make the laws?

Hell, yes!

I have a mandatory retirement age of 65.  Jamis has mandatory retirement at 55 or something close to that.  The politicians need mandatory retirement at 50 and term limits.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »
Let me ask this, in all seriousness.  Ohio has a law in place that puts an age limit on judges.  You cannot run for judge if you are 70 or older.  If elected before age 70, you can finish that term.  The idea behind it is to keep judges mentally sharp.  Shouldn't there be some similar restrictions on those who make the laws?

No, there should not be. For one thing, I'm not in favor of adding too many regulations to whom people can vote for, via age ceilings or term limits. Secondly, legislators are not like judges. Legislators have to cooperate with other legislators in order to do much of anything, so there's far less danger of a sole, senile legislator running amok. Thirdly, how could old, senile law-makers be any worse than the younger ones that are just plain nuts?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 01:21:17 PM »

What about we lower the age limit to be elected to the House and Senate? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »

What about we lower the age limit to be elected to the House and Senate? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 for the house isn't low enough?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:23 AM »
25 for the house isn't low enough?

If you can vote at 18 and serve your country at 17, should be able to drink, smoke, and serve in the House, Senate, or even President.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
Back to Nancy Pelosi:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-pelosi-face-spasms-mar-speech-utters-gibberish-confuses-trillions-billions/

She's done. I expect the members of her party will be quietly (or not) suggesting to her that she retire gracefully rather than be forced out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 09:00:39 AM »
Back to Nancy Pelosi:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-pelosi-face-spasms-mar-speech-utters-gibberish-confuses-trillions-billions/

She's done. I expect the members of her party will be quietly (or not) suggesting to her that she retire gracefully rather than be forced out.

Too much Botox?

When have the Democrats forced out one of their own for medical reasons?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
I can’t stand Pelosi, but that was painful to watch.  I wonder if she doesn’t have serious neurological issues.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
If you can vote at 18 and serve your country at 17, should be able to drink, smoke, and serve in the House, Senate, or even President.

As I continue my journey into cranky oldmanhood, in some ways I wouldn't mind seeing the "adulthood" age changed to 25, especially having witnessed how young college kids vote with either their sex organs or whatever makes them one of the crowd. Especially at the local level, where they then, like locusts, move on.

If I were to use a version of the leftist argument: "Hey- the 2nd Amendment was about muskets. Things were different back then". Just like things were different back then in that people took on adult responsibilities often in their early teens. Nowadays a lot of people are still not adults into their late 20s.

Okay, I probably don't want that in real life, but in my "Get off my lawn!!!" musings, yes I do.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
As I continue my journey into cranky oldmanhood, in some ways I wouldn't mind seeing the "adulthood" age changed to 25, especially having witnessed how young college kids vote with either their sex organs or whatever makes them one of the crowd. Especially at the local level, where they then, like locusts, move on.

If I were to use a version of the leftist argument: "Hey- the 2nd Amendment was about muskets. Things were different back then". Just like things were different back then in that people took on adult responsibilities often in their early teens. Nowadays a lot of people are still not adults into their late 20s.

Okay, I probably don't want that in real life, but in my "Get off my lawn!!!" musings, yes I do.  :laugh:

The trouble is, if we keep pushing back expectations, we get more of the same.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 10:47:31 AM »

The trouble is, if we keep pushing back expectations, we get more of the same.

I agree. The correct response should be kicking them out of the nest instead of coddling them. I would say that in general, a 20 year old that has been in the military for two years is a different animal from the 20 year old that is two years into university life, all expenses paid by mom and dad (or the gov). Not always, but in general. Plenty of screwups in the military, and plenty of 20 year olds working their way through college and at home at night and the weekends studying instead of partying.

Instead, as an example, we have 26 year olds considered "children" in the health insurance environment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 11:46:45 AM »

Good luck getting that changed, since it would take, ya know, a Constitutional amendment.  We're more likely to see the 2nd repealed than see the age for service lowered.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »

Cut them loose at 13 to make their own way and get some life experience, before voting at the current age for it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.