Author Topic: REALLY special ad in the Virginia Governor's race...  (Read 4749 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
REALLY special ad in the Virginia Governor's race...
« on: October 31, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »
Really, really, interesting...

Ralph Northam's camp has been bitching for months about Ed Gillespie's horrible, horrible ads in the governor's race that call Northam's policies and stances into question.
They're positively triggered by it.

But this *expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it is OK... for Northam's lie machine to suggest that all of Gillespie's supporters are white supremacists who are looking to mow down children of color.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/31/virginia-gov-race-ad-sparks-outrage-shows-racist-gop-supporter-trying-to-mow-down-kids.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

griz

• friend
Re: REALLY special ad in the Virginia Governor's race...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
Either he thinks voters for the other party are like that, or he's willing to insinuate they are knowing they're not.  Either way, that's disgusting.  Worse than the "deplorable" comment by a long shot.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:55:07 PM »
Given what just happened in NYC, and based on early reports, I guess Gillespie could make a similar ad featuring Jihad Jhonny and Ralph & Camp would be just fine with it?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=55874.msg1135834#msg1135834  

Now, Mike, you know that Left-wing fear-mongering is never fear-mongering. It's - well, it's intersectionality, and narratives of cisgendered white male oppression, or something.

(Firefox's spell-checker fails to recognize either "intersectionality" or "cisgendered." I am, like, so totally triggered right now.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »
It turns out they pulled the ad, after that Gillespie voter in NYC ran over all of those minority kids. This garbage makes me want to slap a Gillespie sticker on my Canyonero, and I've never been to Virginia.

Edit: You can get your Gillespie swag here, and make a donation at check-out, if you like.

https://edforvirginia.store/collections/gear

I'm going to put my new Gillespie magnet on my car, and see if it causes any homicidal urges.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:27:17 AM by fistful »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 07:31:34 AM »
Yep, they pulled the ad but are COMPLETELY unapologetic about it.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:35:36 AM »
The pulling does not address the fact that multiple people thought running it was okay.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
Matt Christiansen points out that the ad demonstrates that walls actually do work.  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37LmKUz0YQ

Also, Gillespie's campaign says they're fund-raising has tripled since the ad came out.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/23028/virginias-latino-victory-fund-pulls-ad-depicting-emily-zanotti
(In full disclosure, this correspondent donated a wopping $10.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:35:44 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »
I read that the group that ran the “run them down” ad was funded by Soros.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 07:00:11 PM »
The Republican party of VA is running an ad on the radio that heavily references the rum em over ad and tells the listener where to go online to see it. If you do PR for a living and your opposition steals your ad maybe time to just delete your account and learn how to pack fries.
AKA Navy Joe   

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
The Republican party of VA is running an ad on the radio that heavily references the rum em over ad and tells the listener where to go online to see it. If you do PR for a living and your opposition steals your ad maybe time to just delete your account and learn how to pack fries.

That is hilarious, especially the last part.  :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »
It gets better. A little bit ago I got an email from the Northam camp screaming bloody murder that Gillespie's fundraising had tripled because of the run them over add.

Amazing that they are freaking about something they created.

They are really buying into Hillary's pass the blame game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 09:53:23 PM »
Have you heard the radio spot about how Northham won't lie, cheat, or steal since it is his VMI honor code? That goes just great along with this ad. Every year I rethink my no TV service policy. And then every year comes election time and I am all happy again. I don't know Northham, but I can imagine how sorry a human being has to be to make me happy about voting Ed. And I really don't like Ed.
AKA Navy Joe   

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »
It gets better. A little bit ago I got an email from the Northam camp screaming bloody murder that Gillespie's fundraising had tripled because of the run them over add.

Mike, dude, you cannot leave us hangin' like this. You must share with us their peerless, impeccable logic. Where on the doll did Gillespie hurt them this time?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 07:29:28 AM »
Here's the money text from the e-mail...

"The Gillespie campaign is reporting that their online donations have TRIPLED in the last few days, Michael.

Up until now, Gillespie has been relying on deep-pocketed special interests like the NRA, the Koch brothers, and the Republican Governors Association (yeah, the $7.5 MILLION they threw into the race last month can definitely be a game-changer).

But with a surge in grassroots support, they can easily outpace us. So far, we’ve been able to keep up the pace of our own fundraising (and kick-ass ground game) because of supporters like you ready to push us to the finish line. But we need you now more than ever."

In other words...

AH MAH GERD! PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DONATING TO GILLESPIE! NOT JUST THE NEANDERTHALS AT NRA! YOU GOTTA HELP US PROVE THAT HE HAS NO SUPPORT BY GIVING US MONEY!

I don't like politicians of any stripe...

But if *expletive deleted*ing HATE Democrats.

I SO want Gillespie to win just to grind their smug, man-bun boy faces into the dirt. I want to hear their triggered lamentations.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 07:38:17 AM »
I want to hear their triggered lamentations.

And hear the Lamentations of the womyn.  =D
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
Shoot. I had hoped they were going to say something truly entertaining. Something like, "Once these Republicans saw how the Gillespie campaign hunts down young persons of color, THEY CHIPPED IN FOR GAS MONEY!!!!!!!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 09:01:03 AM »
This morning's juicy fradenwhatever...

"Michael, I get a LOT of calls, emails, and texts from people freaking out about the polls, or about how much money Gillespie’s team is raising.

And this is the answer I give them all: If you’re nervous, roll up your sleeves and help us win this thing."

Good. I'm glad they're freaking out. But, I hope they calm the hell down and stay home Tuesday.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 09:01:59 AM »
And hear the Lamentations of the womyn.  =D

Well it sure as hell isn't going to be the lamentations of the cisnormal.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
One of the talking heads on the overnight satellite rightwinghateradio mentioned the the D had disavowed knowledge of the ad but the type,of ad some kind of "in kind" thing requires a nod from the campaign.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
I have absolutely NO doubt that the Northam campaign knew all about the LVF ad.

The Dems have been whining about Republican dog whistles to their base, but that LVF was a *expletive deleted*ing dog siren to its base.

I think it's a pretty good indication of just how nervous and desperate the Northam campaign is getting.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
I have absolutely NO doubt that the Northam campaign knew all about the LVF ad.

The Dems have been whining about Republican dog whistles to their base, but that LVF was a *expletive deleted*ing dog siren to its base.

I think it's a pretty good indication of just how nervous and desperate the Northam campaign is getting.

It's gotten so bad, Northam has that stupid "The VMI Code requires" ad running in SW Virginia. Yeah, I belive you're all about honor, Dr. Northam. I can see that by your clear denunciation of the above ads we've... oh wait, you've not made a peep about the race-baiting and sliming. It's only when someone talks about your poor record that you squeal like a stuck pig.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 03:17:29 PM »
"When they go low we go high."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love how they tie Gillespe to Trump...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.