Author Topic: Former head of NPR on gun politics.  (Read 958 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Former head of NPR on gun politics.
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:46:59 PM »
http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/02/liberal-reconsidered-gun-control-found-lot-complicated-guns-crime/

I started off this process thinking, as do many of my political coreligionists, that reducing gun violence is simply a matter of will, and of overcoming the Neanderthals at the National Rifle Association (NRA). But I have learned that it is not, and that if we really want to reduce gun violence, we should be focusing not first upon the weapons but on a lot of things around it: poverty, drugs, race, and addressing mental illness, opportunity, and gangs, to name just a few.

Good for him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
Re: Former head of NPR on gun politics.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »
Cool to see the exact point in time when somebody's eyes opened.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:20:34 PM »
Does this mean that I'm not a Neanderthal after all, or am I still a Neanderthal but now my firearms aren't the primary focus of the leftists?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 11:51:47 PM »
Does this mean that I'm not a Neanderthal after all, or am I still a Neanderthal but now my firearms aren't the primary focus of the leftists?

Probably a little of both. He seems to realize that it's a crime problem, not a tool problem, but will he be equally open-minded about non-leftist solutions to the root causes of crime? If you won't go along with his fight against, say, income inequality, he might think you're a Neanderthal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife