Author Topic: Disgruntled Twitter Employee Shuts Down Trump Account  (Read 1090 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Disgruntled Twitter Employee Shuts Down Trump Account
« on: November 03, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »
Oh boy, "the resistance".  ;/

A Twitter employee on their last day, shut down Trump's Twitter account. It was only down for 11 minutes before the "resistance" was noticed, but it does lead to some interesting inquiries.

For instance, how is it that a single, low level customer service employee can access and shut down the POTUS, or for that matter, any account? For something like the POTUS account, you would think it would require some consensus of multiple employees, to include upper management. Also, how easy would it have been for this employee to send out a false tweet, like, "I have just launched nuclear missiles at North Korea"?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/03/customer-service-rep-at-twitter-briefly-deactivates-trumps-account.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Disgruntled Twitter Employee Shuts Down Trump Account
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they have bots that can do it.  Probably the same thing on Facebook and Youtube.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
"But about two hours later, the company said the deactivation 'was done by a Twitter customer support employee who did this on the employee's last day.' "

Was it the employee's "last day" because of the sabotage, or was the sabotage because it was his last day?

Not that it matters much at this point, but of late I've become very sensitive about how the perception of truth can be affected by delicate adjustments of the wording.  Or delicately cropping videos of people feeding fish.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have bots that can do it.  Probably the same thing on Facebook and Youtube.

Kind of makes me wonder how much "unexploded ordnance" is buried deep within our most beloved and useful commercial software.

Terry

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:34 PM »

Kind of makes me wonder how much "unexploded ordnance" is buried deep within our most beloved and useful commercial software.

So, like ... is anybody still using Kaspersky for anti-virus software?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:37:30 PM »
I have heard a lot of discussion about youtube with regard to gun channels getting strikes and threats take down their channel.  Many are demonetized also.  I  think Sootch00 was even having issues.  Bill Frady interviewed him this week.  Just waiting for someone to move a lawsuit forward over it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
I have heard a lot of discussion about youtube with regard to gun channels getting strikes and threats take down their channel.  Many are demonetized also.  I  think Sootch00 was even having issues.  Bill Frady interviewed him this week.  Just waiting for someone to move a lawsuit forward over it.  

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=55952.0
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife