Author Topic: Found a new cooking product that is great.  (Read 2652 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Found a new cooking product that is great.
« on: November 04, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »
For years, I've been using bouillon cubes for cooking when I'm not taking the time to make stock (which is most of the time).  I know, it's lazy, but time isn't always there.  Anyways, a friend introduced me to this:

https://www.betterthanbouillon.com/products/

They are cans of paste, basically, which is stock concentrate.  Far superior flavor to bouillon cubes, but just as fast.  I started with the normal beef and chicken, which are good but a little saltier than I expected.  So, I cut way back on the salt I added.  Now, when I make stroganoff, I use both Beef and Roasted Garlic base.  I've taken to just leaving a jar of Beef, Chicken, and Roasted Garlic in the fridge.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Found a new cooking product that is great.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »
I to can attest to loving this stuff.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »
Yes, I use the heck out of the beef base. A spoonful in the rice cooker with the rice is a good start towards bachelor chow. I keep a jar of minced garlic instead of the garlic base though.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Bullion cubes are great for making salt licks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.