Author Topic: Rand Paul Attacked in His Home  (Read 17371 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Rand Paul Attacked in His Home
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:03 AM »
makattak remarked,

"However, my faith in the law enforcement community to do their jobs and punish violent leftists is waning significantly."

It is with great sadness that I say I've been feeling that way for quite a while now.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:41 AM »
I think it was bigger news when whatshisface got attacked by his treadmill.

If this were the reverse, and someone broke a couple of, say Schumers ribs they'd be up in arms about the violent right wing nut jobs. Even if it was just a "landscaping dispute".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2017, 10:42:22 AM »
Does Senator Paul have serious and potentially life threatening injuries as a result of that attack? That's all they need for felony charges.

IIRC, the Kentucky standard for "serious" injury is similar to Texas; prolonged impairment.  Pretty easy argument that multiple broken ribs qualify.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
I'm not going to let this fall off the radar. A lunatic attacked a sitting Senator, who has (STILL!) life-threatening injuries from the attack and all the attacker is facing is misdemeanor assault.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/22/opinions/kelley-paul-since-the-attack-opinion/index.html

The average person takes 20,000 breaths a day. Since November 3, my husband, Rand Paul, has not taken a single one without pain. He has not had a single night's sleep uninterrupted by long periods of difficult breathing or excruciating coughing.

STILL no movement on this, three weeks after the attack. This is getting beyond "curious" in the inaction.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
It's possible he himself wants to soft-pedal it for now, for "PR," "Political," or "look at what a humanitarian I am" reasons.

Or  maybe he's just out of it for a while on pain killers.

On the third hand, maybe the jurisdictional District Attorney is one of those Democrats.

Or they're figuring out jurisdiction in the first place.

I don't want to see it drop off APS' page one either.  To me, it seems to be a great example of left-wingers' passionately self-righteous insanity.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
A lunatic attacked a sitting Senator,

Paul's job shouldn't make a difference.  If the attack was on a nobody would you still push for a felony charge?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
Yes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
Paul's job shouldn't make a difference.  If the attack was on a nobody would you still push for a felony charge?

Yes!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Rand Paul Attacked in His Home
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 06:19:54 PM »
No,  it should.  I'd still push for a felony,  but not a federal one for it. 

Elected people are not special, but their office is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »

Based on the degree of injury, absolutely.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 10:37:40 PM »
https://www.gq.com/story/inside-rand-pauls-neighborhood-fight

I wonder if this comes down to a disagreement over how to mow the lawn: height of grass and clippings disposal.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »

I wonder if this comes down to a disagreement over how to mow the lawn: height of grass and clippings disposal.

After the person of the year thing,  I'm interested in anything GQ has to say...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 11:15:33 PM »

I read somewhere that there are some trees on Rand Paul's property that the neighbor didn't like because they blocked part of his view to the lake.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 11:25:15 PM »

Multiple other articles include statements from just about ALL the neighbors in that subdivision (not just "Bowling Green" in general), and they all agreed -- every single one of them -- that Paul keeps his yard meticulously cut.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »
I read somewhere that there are some trees on Rand Paul's property that the neighbor didn't like because they blocked part of his view to the lake.

Second rule of real estate: If you like the view ... buy it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2017, 12:07:23 AM »
Multiple other articles include statements from just about ALL the neighbors in that subdivision (not just "Bowling Green" in general), and they all agreed -- every single one of them -- that Paul keeps his yard meticulously cut.

Mr. Paul was characterized as cutting his lawn to a 'nub' while his neighbor kept it at 'a luxurious 2.5-3 inches'.  Here in the Seattle area, most lawn care people recommend keeping our grass at 2.5-3 inches.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »
I do a great job of keeping my lawn at magnificent 4-6".  Sometimes I splurge and go for a decadent 8-10".

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2017, 01:03:14 AM »
Mr. Paul was characterized as cutting his lawn to a 'nub' while his neighbor kept it at 'a luxurious 2.5-3 inches'.  Here in the Seattle area, most lawn care people recommend keeping our grass at 2.5-3 inches.

Depends on the grass; compare a putting green and fairway sometime.  There are grasses that prefer being kept short, and others that do well with a close crop a few times a year and taller the rest of the time.

Still not something I'd tackle a neighbor over, though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2017, 07:20:53 AM »
What the hell...

Numerous news articles had, I thought, quoted neighbors as saying that there were no issues with how Paul maintained his lawn.

And this whole freaking article just drips of "small town hero liberal" vs "evil Trumpite."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2017, 08:02:40 AM »
According to Rand Paul, after his neighbor blindsided him he told him why, and it was the first words they had exchanged in nearly 10 years ....
 :mad:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »
Noting how both parties in this matter are middle-aged physicians, both of whom are characterized as somewhat rigid and inflexible, I am not surprised by this at all.  I see this sort of behavior and attitude every day.  Anesthesiology and ophthalmology are not medical specialities that attract physicians known for their people skills.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2017, 09:00:51 AM »
According to Rand Paul, after his neighbor blindsided him he told him why, and it was the first words they had exchanged in nearly 10 years ....
 :mad:

So... what did the neighbor say????  ???

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
I see that GQ went out of their way to push the "IT'S NOT A POLITICAL ATTACK!" and only interview people hostile to Senator Paul.

Really not seeing anything in that propaganda that adds any useful information.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
I do a great job of keeping my lawn at magnificent 4-6".  Sometimes I splurge and go for a decadent 8-10".

"Prairie restoration"

(There was someone in Urbana when we were there, in the west part heavy with academics and univ. associated people, that argued that.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2017, 07:26:17 AM »
So... what did the neighbor say????  ???

WHAT'S THE FREQUENCY, KENNETH?