Author Topic: Rand Paul Attacked in His Home  (Read 17306 times)

Hutch

• friend
Re: Rand Paul Attacked in His Home
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
And try REALLY HARD not to cough ...
Or sneeze.  Dry heaves will damned near make you beg for death.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 07:24:22 PM »
Broken ribs are extremely painful. I broke a couple ribs trying to dismount from an ornery horse last summer and I was in pain for probably three to four weeks and lingering minor pain for another month or so. I don’t believe I had the separation they are talking about with his ribs either. There is almost nothing they can do with ribs either. They don’t even recommend binding them anymore. Just live with the pain.

I cracked one about 6 years ago, just about the same time I got bronchitis.  That was the first (and last) time since 1997 that I intentionally got "feeling no pain" drunk because we were in a hotel with no doc-in-a-box or even retail nearby, just a bar downstairs.  Took all the aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen in the bugout bag, washed them down with Glendronach and Guinness until I was seriously concerned about being able to find the room, got another beer to go, and finished it off while some hotel employee guided me from the elevator to my room.  I vaguely remember thinking I should have had a couple more as I tried to settle into a recovery position on the bed, on the hurt side first, and waking up coughing a few times during the night, but the sedative effect of that much alcohol did its job pretty well.

After that (until my idiot ex brother in law found them) I kept at least 10 5mg Norco (in the original prescription bottles) in each bugout bag.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »
As someone who has had busted ribs, it hurts just to breathe.  And I hope doc does get charge with a felony.  These leftist loons have no problems resorting to violence..
IMHO, that is becoming more and more obvious in the last year or two.  I have heard people talk about right wing fascists all my life, but the people I see today that would stomp on my rights in a heartbeat and never look back are leftists like this.  They can justify any amount of evil if they think it gets them closer to what they call "good". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 08:15:28 AM »
I cracked a couple of ribs back in the 1980s. OH MY GOD that hurt!

Then, back in the middle 1990s I was at the driving range and ripped some intracostal cartilage. I tried to soldier through it, but when I started waking myself up in stabbing pain when I rolled over at night, I finally broke down and got some Tylenol 3 from the doctor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
News today said they are looking at upping the charges to felony level assault.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 04:31:35 PM »
But I thought punching nazis was our patriotic duty, or something. How can it be a crime?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rand-pauls-neighbors-rip-media-landscaping-dispute-reports/article/2640090

Some neighbors are now saying that Paul has been a model neighbor, and took good care of his lawn. They don't buy that it was a landscaping issue.

The assaulty neighbor is one of the impeach!! loons.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:23:00 PM by fistful »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 02:06:23 PM »
Six broken ribs and a pleural effusion?

If that doesn't qualify as second degree assault I don't know what would.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Six broken ribs and a pleural effusion?

If that doesn't qualify as second degree assault I don't know what would.

Yeah, seems kinda ridiculous this hasn't been upgraded yet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 02:39:08 PM »
Yeah, seems kinda ridiculous this hasn't been upgraded yet.

It's been almost a week. I'm starting to think the police approve of the attack.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:29 AM »
Fox News says that federal charges are about to be filed, due to the political motive.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
Nice.

Interesting how all of his neighbors reporters have talked to have pretty uniformly said that the "it was a landscaping dispute" reason fronted by major news outlets was BS, and that they have apparently had political arguments before. It didn't stop the guy's lawyer from fronting the yard issue and claiming, in a left handed sort of way, that EVERYONE in the neighborhood had issues with how Paul kept his yard.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
I still don't see what the big deal was. The guy was just refusing fascism.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »
So Paul gets blindsided, goes down in severe pain. Expects attack to possibly continue. Would he have been justified in using deadly force?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
So Paul gets blindsided, goes down in severe pain. Expects attack to possibly continue. Would he have been justified in using deadly force?

Seems like an obvious yes, if the guy's still there when Paul manages to produce a firearm.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »
See what happens when you're on grass?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Paul returned to Congress yesterday and apparently cast several votes.

What I don't understand is why this is taking so freaking long to charge the attacker with a freaking felony.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 09:34:04 AM »
Paul returned to Congress yesterday and apparently cast several votes.

What I don't understand is why this is taking so freaking long to charge the attacker with a freaking felony.

As I said, the Feds approve of the attack, so they are very reluctant to punish the guy.

Honestly, I don't see any other explanation.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »
IMO, if they don't charge the guy, he could certainly sue.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:55 AM »
As I said, the Feds approve of the attack, so they are very reluctant to punish the guy.

Honestly, I don't see any other explanation.

Screw the Feds and their charges. Kentucky has a perfectly valid case to charge the guy, and HAS charged the guy with misdemeanor assault, but Paul's injuries should more than qualify for felony assault.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
Screw the Feds and their charges. Kentucky has a perfectly valid case to charge the guy, and HAS charged the guy with misdemeanor assault, but Paul's injuries should more than qualify for felony assault.

Give the DA a bit of time.  They want to make they have a solid case.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 01:27:16 PM »
Give the DA a bit of time.  They want to make they have a solid case.

... can't tell if sarcasm...

In the event that it's not, just what evidence do they expect to find? Unless they are pursuing a conspiracy charge and plan on charging other people, I cannot imagine there being anything else for them to investigate.

Did violent neighbor tackle Senator Paul? Does Senator Paul have serious and potentially life threatening injuries as a result of that attack? That's all they need for felony charges. (And, for the Feds, it's: "Did violent neighbor attack Rand Paul? Is Mr. Paul a sitting Senator?")

I suppose there is one other possibility. If they are wanting to charge terrorism, they could be looking more deeply. However, my faith in the law enforcement community to do their jobs and punish violent leftists is waning significantly. (Which REALLY ought to frighten the leftists, but they don't seem to care the kind of resentment that unequal application of the laws engenders.)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
Terrorism is a Fed charge.

Given that he's already been charged at a state level, I doubt that the Fed.gov people are telling Kansas to hold off until they do.... something.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »
Terrorism is a Fed charge.

Given that he's already been charged at a state level, I doubt that the Fed.gov people are telling Kansas to hold off until they do.... something.

Kansas? Do you think the conspiracy was that far-flung?  :O

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:57 PM »
What ever godforsaken place he calls home...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk