Author Topic: Trumpiversary  (Read 1342 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Trumpiversary
« on: November 09, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »
I know the election was on the 8th, but the 9th is the day I'm celebrating. The 8th, until late at night, was depressing, because we could only expect that Her was going to win. Besides, I was working the polls all day. But the 9th was glorious.  =D =D =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVjXvjj2mQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S87612I2eO8
(NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqEddipbpkw

Here is democracy dying in darkness, as the WaPo delivers its vital observations about how often Trump has mentioned the election over the past year.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/08/trumps-mentioned-the-election-one-out-of-every-five-days-over-the-last-year/
Because, obviously, Trump is the one who can't move past the election. Every other human in the nation has accepted that he clearly won, and has dropped the matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
Re: Trumpiversary
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »
Too bad Congress has squandered to victory be refusing to do a single damn conservative thing.  We still have Obamacare, no wall, funding for planned parenthood, no mandatory e-verify, no tax overhaul, no end to importing foreigners to replace American workers, and no pro-gun legislation.   ;/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
I saw somewhere that WaPo I think, did a whole "alternate news" thing for the anniversary, reporting on the last year as if Clinton were President. Besides the overt bias, just very sad.  :laugh:

I think one of the things I have learned over the last year is the greater than expected extent of the absolutely fragile portion of our population. I'm amazed that around a third of our population can even set foot outside of their safe space without dropping dead from an emotionally triggered heart attack.

As I said to some whiners after the election, "Suck it up buttercups. I had to cowboy up and drive on for the last eight years. Your turn."   =D

Oh, edit - BTR posted at the same time as me. I agree with him. The Rs have been squandering opportunities left and right. IMO in large part due to the GOPe that would have rather had Hillary win (and probably voted for her).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »
Too bad Congress has squandered to victory be refusing to do a single damn conservative thing.  We still have Obamacare, no wall, funding for planned parenthood, no mandatory e-verify, no tax overhaul, no end to importing foreigners to replace American workers, and no pro-gun legislation.   ;/

And the bill for that failure will come due next year.
The Stupid Party® will lose big time to the Evil Party©. I expect both houses to fall under Demoncrat control and the *expletive deleted*it show will be on come January 2019.
It is hard to understand the hatred for Trump being so strong that the republicans will willing cede control in order to stymie his agenda.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
 "The Rs have been squandering opportunities left and right. IMO in large part due to the GOPe that would have rather had Hillary win (and probably voted for her)."

I don't think the R's are squandering anything.  I think it's pretty obvious that GOPe are deliberately doing what RINOs always do...not govern in the best interests of the American people, but rather themselves.  It is obvious.  The trouble is that R Americans will either stay home or vote D in 2018 and we'll wind up with even worse.  I think our Republic is in the final throws unless some actual patriots who step up because they believe what Thomas Jefferson said; "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »

^^^ This.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »
This thread is not about Congress. It is about the joyous, providential defeat of one Hillary Millhouse Clinton. We have plenty of threads where we can (and will!) complain about the steaming trainwreck which is the GOPe, but this is not one of those threads.

Be happy, you deplorable deplorables!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »
OK, you are right!

(We shall pretend that is me in the middle... or I am I pretending???).

Perd Hapley

• friend

zahc

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
Trump should switch parties and run as a Democrat.

-flyover will still vote for him. He has not totally betrayed them and will be able to truthfully or plausibly claim the R Congress sabotaged him

-democrats always vote for the D candidate who is most likely to win, and just change their principles as needed

Bam, Trump 2020. If he comes out as gay at the right time, he would be untouchable.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend