Author Topic: This is not good  (Read 905 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
This is not good
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »
http://www.newser.com/story/251509/report-green-beret-killed-after-spotting-seals-scheme.html

Navy SEALs may have murdered Army Green Beret because he caught them stealing money that was supposed to be used for operational purposes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: This is not good
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
http://www.newser.com/story/251509/report-green-beret-killed-after-spotting-seals-scheme.html

Navy SEALs may have murdered Army Green Beret because he caught them stealing money that was supposed to be used for operational purposes.

Super high operational tempo likely leads to reduced standards, plus limited oversight in country, plus even Navy SEALS are human.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:44:08 AM »
Super high operational tempo likely leads to reduced standards, plus limited oversight in country, plus even Navy SEALS are human.

Yes, and also many high-performing people, like SEALs, have big egos that make them think they can do stuff that other people can't.  I'm guessing that if the SEALs were stealing cash, they had rationalized it as OK because they deserve it because they are super-stars.  I wonder if other SEALs in their group knew about or suspected these two but just kept their mouths shut.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:07 AM »
Yes, and also many high-performing people, like SEALs, have big egos that make them think they can do stuff that other people can't.  I'm guessing that if the SEALs were stealing cash, they had rationalized it as OK because they deserve it because they are super-stars.  I wonder if other SEALs in their group knew about or suspected these two but just kept their mouths shut.

What's funny is I remember watching that show on TV "the unit" and they were skimming cash from operations to set them all up with a way of getting out if things went sideways for them.  Life imitating art or the other way around....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:10:40 AM »
What's funny is I remember watching that show on TV "the unit" and they were skimming cash from operations to set them all up with a way of getting out if things went sideways for them.  Life imitating art or the other way around....

I think the stealing and 'I can do this because I'm special' has been around much longer than TV shows. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 11:16:54 AM »
They asked for my take on this story...

OK:

Somebody apparently got "asphyxiation" and "suffocation" mixed up again.

Otherwise, I'll wait for the investigative results, then I'm sure I'll be able to find something to bitch about.