Author Topic: This Imbecile is GQ's "Citizen of the Year"  (Read 1159 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: This Imbecile is GQ's "Citizen of the Year"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
Next they'll give him the Nobel.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/11/13/twitter-blitz-sacks-gq-mag-for-citizen-of-the-year-choice-snubbing-these-people/

Just days after a guy took up arms, running out of his house barefoot, with a half-loaded magazine, and risked his life in defense of his fellow Americans.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »

Just days after a guy took up arms, running out of his house barefoot, with a half-loaded magazine, and risked his life in defense of his fellow Americans.

Not to mention, literally, with no hyperbole, millions of other Americans more worthy than knucklehead. The person who volunteered their weekends at their local soup kitchen is a hundred times more worthy than him. Actually, millions of people who did nothing more than keep their yaps shut, go about their lives, and mind their own business are more worthy than him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »
Not to mention, literally, with no hyperbole, millions of other Americans more worthy than knucklehead. The person who volunteered their weekends at their local soup kitchen is a hundred times more worthy than him. Actually, millions of people who did nothing more than keep their yaps shut, go about their lives, and mind their own business are more worthy than him.
Yeah, for a recent one, how about Stephen Willeford who stopped the Church shooter in Sutherland Springs, TX?  Lots of people they could have chosen without resorting to some out of work NFL QB for purely political reasons.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
Thus continues my lack of subscription to GQ.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:12:42 AM »

"Married With Children" clips are getting hard to find for some reason, but Al Bundy had a whole eloquent "bit" on the guys who just go to work every day... and sell shoes or shuffle papers or whatever and are the real heroes.

Terry

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 10:44:38 AM »
"Married With Children" clips are getting hard to find for some reason, but Al Bundy had a whole eloquent "bit" on the guys who just go to work every day... and sell shoes or shuffle papers or whatever and are the real heroes.

Try Mike Rowe.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »

It's nice to occasionally see politically correct decisions being beaten down in public.

Terry
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:20:50 PM by 230RN »