Author Topic: "Bipartisan Agreement on Gun Legislation"  (Read 1404 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Bipartisan Agreement on Gun Legislation"
« on: November 15, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
It's Chris Murphy, so possibly inaccurate, but to repeat what one of the commenters said, bipartisan agreement on gun legislation is never a good sign. Hopefully it's just the bump stocks. Not that I like seeing any infringement, but I think we've all been pretty sure that was a done deal.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2017/11/15/oh-no-dem-sen-chris-murphy-teases-bipartisan-breakthrough-on-gun-legislation/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: "Bipartisan Agreement on Gun Legislation"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:53:55 PM »
The only thing I might waffle on is it they added it to the SHARE act and even that I would want to know what is hidden or left unsaid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »
Chris "Just $3" Murphy is possibly the second worst anti-gun nut in Congress. Don't believe anything he says.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »
Bipartisan implies compromise.  Compromise implies quid pro quo.  So what are we getting?  "We let you keep your Fudd guns."  Right.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:26 PM »
I don't know how, but Chris Murphy somehow got my e-mail address. I haven't asked to be removed because I think it's useful to keep tabs on the enemy. But he's outdoing himself these days. Just today, I received THREE e-mails signed by Murphy himself, and another from his office. Each asks (as his e-mails ALWAYS do) for a contribution of "just $3."

One of today's batch:

[Name] -

I wanted to send you a quick note before I head out for some work this morning and committee meetings in the Senate later this afternoon.

As you may have read in the email I sent yesterday, I’ve focused a lot of my efforts raising money for candidates and gun violence prevention organizations in the last month. But that means I’ve kind of put my own re-election on the back burner.

So we’re in the middle of a 48-hour fundraising drive to get back on track. The response on the first day was good, but we still have a little ways to go to reach the internal goals we’ve set for ourselves — goals that will help keep us safe from organizations like the NRA who would love to win this seat.

The drive ends tonight, so I have to ask if you can you chip in $3 before midnight? You can do that here:

http://action.chrismurphy.com/re-election

I’ll be checking in on our progress throughout the day. Your help would mean a lot.

- Chris
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:51 AM »
Bipartisan implies compromise.  Compromise implies quid pro quo.  So what are we getting?  "We let you keep your Fudd guns for now."  Right.
FIFY
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
I don't like important legislation being attached to another bill.  I will reserve comment until I see just what kind of agreement might be in the works.  I doubt it will fly.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)