Author Topic: Chucky Schumer is calling for an ethics investigation...  (Read 1894 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Chucky Schumer is calling for an ethics investigation...
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
Into Al Franken.

I'm absolutely shocked.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Chucky Schumer is calling for an ethics investigation...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »
Something I just read that was an interesting thought: Will the MSM et al do the same type of investigation decades back into Franken's life as they are doing with Moore? Because there's some pretty smarmy stuff coming out already from Franken's SNL days.

It will be interesting to see if they try to write that off as "humor", especially given what Franken did to Willett yesterday.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
"Chuck Schumer" and "ethics" do not belong in the same sentence.

Ditto for Franken.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:20:39 PM »
"Chuck Schumer" and "ethics" do not belong in the same sentence.

Ditto for Franken.

What?! They most certainly do:

"Churck Schumer has no ethics, except what is good for Chuck Schumer."

See?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »
I stand corrected.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »
Something I just read that was an interesting thought: Will the MSM et al do the same type of investigation decades back into Franken's life as they are doing with Moore? Because there's some pretty smarmy stuff coming out already from Franken's SNL days.

It will be interesting to see if they try to write that off as "humor", especially given what Franken did to Willett yesterday.

Oh, but that's OK! He was just a young commedian! Those were different times!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »

Smart perps don't have themselves photographed committing sexual assualt.  Guess Franken isn't so smart.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:11:11 AM »

Smart perps don't have themselves photographed committing sexual assualt.  Guess Franken isn't so smart.

"But but but I'm a comedian.  That was just a joke.  Sorry it wasn't funny." 
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/11/it-was-clearly-intended-to-be-funny/546116/

[barf]
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
"But but but I'm a comedian.  That was just a joke.  Sorry it wasn't funny." 
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/11/it-was-clearly-intended-to-be-funny/546116/
 [barf]

I think that's probably a true statement.  It looks like he's posing for the camera with his hands an inch away from Tweeden.  I doubt that he really groped her (unless the photographer egged him on) but you can't tell either way from that pic.  It's not funny and he ought to be ashamed of himself just for staging the picture.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 11:15:02 AM »
It's not funny and he ought to be ashamed of himself just for staging the picture.

Except that people like him (and, I think, most leftist/liberal SJW types) don't know shame. They can't feel ashamed, because "shame" is a word that in their lexicon can only be applied to those who disagree with them, never to themselves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »
"But but but I'm a comedian.  That was just a joke.  Sorry it wasn't funny."  

[barf]

Said the day before the photo came out:

During a hearing on Wednesday, Franken scolded Don Willett, a nominee for federal court, for an old tweet about marrying bacon. “I don’t get it,” Franken said. “But sometimes when you don’t get a joke, it’s because it wasn’t a joke.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:10 AM »
It looks like a joke to me, just not a funny one.  In another era (and more than a decade ago) it might have been funny, I dunno; it would need context.

I am really enjoying Franken getting flayed for this because he's such a sanctimonious dick.  I'm still pissed about him stealing the election, or it was stolen on his behalf by the MN Secretary of State.  And our spineless Republican governor at the time just sat there and let it happen.  :mad:
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »
It looks like a joke to me, just not a funny one.  In another era (and more than a decade ago) it might have been funny, I dunno; it would need context.

I am really enjoying Franken getting flayed for this because he's such a sanctimonious dick.  I'm still pissed about him stealing the election, or it was stolen on his behalf by the MN Secretary of State.  And our spineless Republican governor at the time just sat there and let it happen.  :mad:

He reaps what he sows.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »

I am really enjoying Franken getting flayed for this because he's such a sanctimonious dick. 

This is where I am not only with him, but the same kinds of loudmouths in Hollywood. It seems, as this goes on, of all the famous celebrities in Hollywood coming out calling for tar and feathers, one out of every three of them is then exposed as being one of the harassers. I don't know anymore how many are true and how many not (other than examples like Weinstein and Louis CK), but seeing some of these holier than thou jackwagons suddenly on the hotseat is a pleasure.

If Franken hadn't been such a bigmouth about stuff much less harassing than what he did, one might be more open to considering his "joke" explanation.  As Fly320s just said though, he reaps what he sows.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »
From that Atlantic article:

He was also critiqued for a series of rape jokes he made about the journalist Lesley Stahl that were reported in a 1995 New York magazine piece about Saturday Night Live. Suggesting lines for a sketch, Franken said at a script meeting: “And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or, ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’” At first, Franken refused to apologize for what he considered “his job,” that is, writing humorous content. As he later recounted in his autobiography, he said he was sorry, but considered the apology a little white lie.

As we parse his apology for these two assaults, I think it would be worth pulling that quote from his auto-biography and beating him repeatedly with it (metaphorically).  There is ZERO reason to believe he is sorry, or has any intention of changing his behavior, or the underlying pathology that would lead him to think this behavior was OK in any context.

As such his statements and apologies are worth less than nothing, because they aren't even an ineffective attempt to fix a wrong, they are a smokescreen intended to continue to act improperly with impunity.

I also wonder what her Air Force pilot husband is thinking right now.  Were I to discover someone had sexually assaulted my wife, even before I knew her, I would be unlikely to accept a written, stock apology delivered to the press.  Situations like this and Harvey Weinstein really make you wish for some legal way to duel.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 12:39:10 PM »
They're is, I think, a segment of our society that has no moral grounding.  They don't have any sort of foundation or belief system that allows them to consider that there might be limits to behavior other than limits that protect themselves against having their narcissism exposed.  I'd bet most of them are a blend of sociopathy and narcissism.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »
Yup and Good Ole Boy Mitch is calling for an investigation, while out of the other side of his mouth he calls for summary expulsion from the senate for Moore if he is elected.  I love what is happening now because all of America can see how corrupt our government has become.  If Trump did nothing more, his election took the lid off the jar of corruption in DC in living color.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw