Author Topic: Uh-Oh, Some JO (Junior Oficer) headed to the boat  (Read 4393 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Uh-Oh, Some JO (Junior Oficer) headed to the boat
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:43:07 AM »
Yep I can see it now. I am sure there is some boat out there that needs a fuels officer, either a Gator Freighter or a forward deployed carrier. And this enterprising young JO may be just the one that gets to fill the billet, or he may wish he was there.   ;)

http://www.krem.com/news/local/okanogan-county/graphic-obscene-skydrawings-spotted-in-okanogan-co/492496113

As the little girl looks up and says, "Mommy, what is that thing in the sky?"

Well, honey the mom stutters, "That's a p-p-p-p-p chemtrail, yea a chemtrail, that's it"

:rofl:   :rofl:

bob

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Uh-Oh, Some JO (Junior Oficer) headed to the boat
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »
Wow.  That is a good way to shut down your career I would think.  Not as bad as ramming a civilian ship I guess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:47:44 PM »
Hmm... I was under the impression this was totally normal for the military...  ???

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
Pretty sad way to end a career as a Naval Aviator.

Maybe he was trying to draw the Arby's hat....

:facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
I really hope it is just another Maverick getting yelled at moment, he is doing exactly what is expected of a JO fighter pilot. Dumb stuff. Carry on
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
I really hope it is just another Maverick getting yelled at moment, he is doing exactly what is expected of a JO fighter pilot. Dumb stuff. Carry on

Perhaps some day when he is getting his first squadron command someone will ask him how he got the call sign "Rembrandt".  ;)   :rofl:

bob

ETA: Maybe not. Just a small part of the latest statement from the Navy.

We have grounded the aircrew and are conducting a thorough investigation - and we will hold those responsible accountable for their actions. The Navy apologizes for this irresponsible and immature act.

http://www.khq.com/story/36871970/navy-issues-updated-statement-irresponsible-and-immature-act-after-pilots-draw-obscene-image-in-the-sky-over-okanogan-co

All I can say is I am glad I retired a long time ago. Not my circus, not my monkeys. Irresponsible and immature, like these guys don't remember being JOs. I am sure they don't remember the fun we used to have at Tailhook.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:04:26 PM by BobR »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »
Looks like normal dogfighting practice.

Or JamisJockey was being a dick controller again.   :-*
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:13:39 PM »
Perhaps some day when he is getting his first squadron command someone will ask him how he got the call sign "Rembrandt".  ;)   :rofl:

bob

ETA: Maybe not. Just a small part of the latest statement from the Navy.

http://www.khq.com/story/36871970/navy-issues-updated-statement-irresponsible-and-immature-act-after-pilots-draw-obscene-image-in-the-sky-over-okanogan-co

All I can say is I am glad I retired a long time ago. Not my circus, not my monkeys. Irresponsible and immature, like these guys don't remember being JOs. I am sure they don't remember the fun we used to have at Tailhook.

The regular good natured hi-jinks or the rapey, sexual misconduct fun?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:16:05 PM »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:56:46 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 08:37:08 PM »
The regular good natured hi-jinks or the rapey, sexual misconduct fun?

It wasn't sexual misconduct in the 80's. ;)

But no, using dining room tables for carrier decks, covered with beer for a wet deck and then getting a running start and catching an OK 3 wire was a challenge. :)

Among other hi-jinks boozed up enlisted and JOs would pull.

bob

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »

Lot of not confidence inspiring callsigns out there. We had a JO named Magellan which was not confidence inspiring in a help pilot on open water.  Dumps and Skid were two COs of mine, first was either a fuel pump PR disaster(if it's raining JP-5 the Navy paints your cars on our dime) or a ruined flightsuit. I assume Skid ground a wheel down to the axle at some point. You ear your mistakes in aviation.

The good old days? I wished I could have been sea duty in my help bunch, $120/day per diem tax free and all sounds great living in a Bahrain hotel. But when you hear some of the stuff that went on, glad you missed it. Nothing like the female pilot passed out drunk and naked in the middle of the enlisted party. Or drunken maintenance, a personal hate of mine.
AKA Navy Joe   

BobR

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »
Nothing like the female pilot passed out drunk and naked in the middle of the enlisted party. Or drunken maintenance, a personal hate of mine.

One of the biggest "whistleblower females" after the 1990 Tailhook was a very junior LCDR from my squadron. Up until the time she made O4 she had lot of parties at her house with the enlisted people in the squadron. I saw more of her than was appropriate more than once.

As far as maintainers, when I got t the squadron (VRC 30) I was made the piss coordinator. Until I took it over it was a joke, seldom did randoms and never squadron wide. The rep of the squadron was it was full of dopers. I took that personally because I flew on the planes they maintained. It took about 6 months of weekly random tests and a few squadron wide tests before we weeded out the undesirables, but with the support of the CO and XO we got rid of a lot of people.

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 09:55:38 PM »
Ah the old piss test.
I infuriated a Chief that had the duty of observing that day.
Several others lined up outside the head I yelled out "No Chiief Smith, you can't hold it for me, last time you pinched me too hard. "

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 10:12:42 PM »
Funny how senior officers forget they were JOs. In the DADT days my CO was a humorless bull dyke who would crush any whiff of people talking about gays. Forgetting she had been on the same seawall her entire career and all the maintainers of the various squadrons there remembered her free wheeling JO days.

Pretty sure the spine and humor gets removed at O-4. Much like E-4s, no longer fun, but not enough power to do anything. In fact my general equivalency formula  removes the O and E, just look at the number to know what maturity, knowledge, and how much they can wreck your world.
AKA Navy Joe   

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
Terry 230RN for the defense:

EXIBBIT A
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190499-d10825441-Reviews-Cock_and_Balls-Trondheim_Trondheim_Municipality_Sor_Trondelag_Central_Norway.html

EXIBBIT B
https://www.facebook.com/CnBBrewing/

"Yer honuh, dis youtfull young pilot wuz only portrayin' a time-honored expression of good faith and good food as well as good beer.  I move for a dismissile."

Terry 230RN, Ex-Choir
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:02:03 PM by 230RN »

BobR

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 01:22:14 PM »
I am going with a pilot that has a small child who is enamored with The Cat In The Hat and as a way to brighten his day daddy drew him a top hat in the sky. All those other people just want to see a giant penis in the sky because they have no imagination.

;)

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »

Quote from: Hawkmoon on November 18, 2017, 10:23:40 PM
Update: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/18/penis-in-the-sky-us-navy-pilots-grounded-over-obscene-drawing

Air crew grounded.
That is just stupId.

Strikes me that way, too.  How much does it cost to bring these guys up to the level that you can let them play with umpteen million dollar machines?

If it weren't for pandering to political correctness and the hurtyfeelz of a few people (who actually complained, anyhow?), this would be a grin and forget it hijinks matter.

I mean, jeeze, go to any museum and you can see "worse."

This country is really abgefukt in the head.

Terry

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
My suspicion is that they are "grounded" until [civilian] folks forget about it. How many flight hours do navy pilots get in a month anyway?

Andiron

• friend
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 04:15:52 PM »
Probably just getting ninja punched.

I highly doubt it. Maybe a letter of reprimand. Too much money spent on their training to keep them grounded. This may cause trouble now, but consider the long term economics. They will never have to pay for a drink again. And if Mattis says he didn't laugh a little, lies!
AKA Navy Joe   

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 04:19:31 PM »
AKA Navy Joe   

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 07:14:50 PM »
I highly doubt it. Maybe a letter of reprimand. Too much money spent on their training to keep them grounded. This may cause trouble now, but consider the long term economics. They will never have to pay for a drink again. And if Mattis says he didn't laugh a little, lies!

Officer version of a page 11?

And agreed,  no way they're going to flush that much training. 

You're right,  easily 99% of the rest of the services though that was *expletive deleted*ing awesome.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 09:10:41 PM »
This is low grade civilian damage control. Couple years ago a squadron just down the ramp from mine dropped an F/A-18D on an apartment complex. Miraculously the fatalities were one cat. Dunno how they got that lucky burned the whole place down.

Way back when the Navy got to buy an entire town windows when Maverick and Goose decided to go supersonic up in the mountains.

This is nothing, just hurt feels. I have an ex girlfriend who hates men and believes in chemtrails, so for me, just that much more glorious.
AKA Navy Joe