Author Topic: Bluetooth woes  (Read 468 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Bluetooth woes
« on: November 17, 2017, 05:47:53 PM »
A few months ago I bought a budget-priced, 8-inch Windows tablet for the simple purpose of being able to carry a thin tablet with files on it rather than a pile of code books that occupy about 30 inches of shelf space. And it works for the purpose.

However, when I'm not in the field, I would much prefer to use it with a mouse and a keyboard for adding and removing files, and other basic naintenance chores. It runs the full version of Windows 10 Home, so it's really a micro-computer. But it only has a single micro-USB port, so to run a USB mouse and keyboard I need an adapter, and then an external hub. It supports Bluetooth (supposedly), so I recently bought a Bluetooth mose (Logitech) and keyboard (generic Chinese).

I'm on the second keyboard, and the tablet won't detect the keyboard so I can't pair the keyboard. Initially, the mouse paired and functioned perfectly. Then I screwed up -- I thought I remembered reading that keyboards should be paired before mice (mouses?), so I removed the mouse. The keyboard still isn't detected ... but now the mouse isn't detected, either.

Any suggestions (other than detcord)?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Bluetooth woes
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »
Never mind.

Classic RTFM error.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design