Author Topic: Trump Got No One Out of China  (Read 1272 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump Got No One Out of China
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
This guy is obviously an attention whore, but if he really thinks Trump had nothing to do with his son's release, he's a moron. The Chinese don't care about race relations and diversity. Shoplift? Hard time in a not fun Chinese prison. The only reason those three knuckleheads dodged a bullet is because Trump intervened.

Which brings me to: Why? To me, helping these guys is like helping Bergdahl. If he wanted to put in a request for leniancy I guess... But getting them off scot free? I think there are a lot of US citizens that get caught in foreign laws through ignorance, and they (depending on the case) are worth helping. Three guys who consciously broke the law? A law that is in effect in the US as well? Six months in a Chinese hoosegow woulda done them some good (maybe).

Also, I guarantee the statements each of the three players read was written by someone in the UCLA administration.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2017/11/18/lavar-ball-isnt-thankful-for-president-trumps-effort-in-getting-his-son-out-of-china/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Trump Got No One Out of China
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
Well first, how stupid do you have to be to go shoplift in a foreign country? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:20:02 AM »
Well first, how stupid do you have to be to go shoplift in a foreign country?  

Look at their photos. That's a self-answering question. As an add-on, Ball's younger brother has dropped out of high school in order to pursue better opportunities in basketball. That says a lot about the mentality of the family.

Besides, stealing shoplifting a pair of glasses is "no big deal," according to the proud papa of Ball. Never mind that it was a Louis Vitton store and the glasses probably had a price tag in the $500 range, which would probably bring a felony grand theft charge in the U.S. To them, stealing is "no big deal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 06:49:07 AM »
It's not like they were real Louis Vitton...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »
Dollars to donuts, if Trump hadn't done anything you would have heard everybody* screaming that he ignored the poor little babies.  Even though these are grown men that should have known not to do what they did, you have to admire that he is America first and wouldn't let them rot over there (even though it would have done them some good.)

*I mean the ones who are currently saying/supporting that he didn't have anything to do with their release.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
Everyone involved in this story is being an idiot - the thieves, the father, and Trump. I don't know the ball players, didn't know they were in prison but they're obviously pretty dumb and the father is even more of a nobody. As far as Trump, I guess I should be happy that at least his twitter feuds have moved on from gold star families to someone slightly more deserving.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
Everyone involved in this story is being an idiot - the thieves, the father, and Trump. I don't know the ball players, didn't know they were in prison but they're obviously pretty dumb and the father is even more of a nobody. As far as Trump, I guess I should be happy that at least his twitter feuds have moved on from gold star families to someone slightly more deserving.
I don't have an issue with Trump crowing about it a little on the front end as I expect that sort of thing from him.  I do think he shouldn't have responded to the father's comments.  He is consistent though.

Very small issue in the scheme of things. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge