Author Topic: Chucky Schumer's Thanksgiving Talking Points for Fun Dinner Conversation...  (Read 1798 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Maybe someone in his family will beat him senseless with a drumstick.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/11/21/thoughtful-chuck-schumer-has-a-chart-of-talking-points-to-bring-to-thanksgiving-dinner/

I despise all these "talking points for Thanksgiving" articles. These complainers don't realize that the people everyone dreads showing up are them, not crazy Uncle Harry. Everyone knows about crazy Uncle Harry. He does a bit of unfiltered talk and everyone laughs or shakes their heads and rolls their eyes. It's part of Thanksgiving tradition. Deciding that you need to take him seriously and that society depends on you to straighten the old coot out is what ruins Thanksgiving. Put on your onesie and go sit at the kids table and keep your yap shut. Or better yet, go eat your tofu turkey and drink your wheatgrass at the local SJW hangout.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Don't you have an appointment to free the repressed citizens of your local turkey farm?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Don't you have an appointment to free the repressed citizens of your local turkey farm?
https://www.npr.org/2017/11/21/565633781/watch-live-president-trump-pardons-his-first-turkey
President Trump pardoned his turkey and informed the media that he was advised he could not overturn Obama's turkey pardons from previous years.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Scary-looking chart -- until you realize that (a) It's for ten years down the road, which means it's fantasy; and (b) the real numbers aren't as severe as the graphic scale makes it appear. The worst decrease is 1.5 percent, which is significant but not earth shattering. (For someone earning $20,000, it's $30. Give up smoking and you get that back in a week.) And as for the rich getting richer? The biggest gain is 0.6 percent, for people making over $1 million. Anyone earning over a million bucks isn't going to be significantly affected by saving $6,000 on their taxes.

I hate it when politicians use graphically enhanced graphics to "prove" their point. Graphics are meant to illustrate a point, not to obfuscate it. The Y axis on that chart is percent. Percent runs a scale of 0 to 100 -- so an honest chart will show the entire range of the Y axis, all the way up to 100 percent (both plus and minus). When you do that, that individual bars look a LOT less intimidating.

Fire up Excel, enter the numbers, and create a bar chart using the full 0 - 100 range for the Y axis and see how it looks ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Better yet, make the y-alison dollars.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Better yet, make the y-alison dollars.

What's the ratio of alison dollars to Schrute bucks?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rlg76
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
What's the ratio of alison dollars to Schrute bucks?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rlg76

Y-axis

Damn you auto-correct.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Chucky Schumer's Thanksgiving Talking Points for Fun Dinner Conversation...
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
I can do that^^^ in zero drinks....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Chucky Schumer's Thanksgiving Talking Points for Fun Dinner Conversation...
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 09:44:21 PM »
One of the main reasons I spent yesterday and today in the woods is that in times of old I would have gathered in monkey county Maryland with my mom's clan. Once my grandfather died I quit going, not like my grandmother would notice even before she lost her mind more than normal. The rest of the family, I like them, but we're a bit different. And I can be polite and talk family stuff and ignore politics. Well...that was always a one way street. So my BIL(the tank Gunner) and I usually spent the holidays getting berated for our politics, or listening to unhinged diatribes to no one in particular about bushitler and such. Yes, I heard it said I 2007 they would not be supporting Hillary since she was too conservative. As I am still here I can only surmise I was not eating at the time for truly I would have choked to death. Really rude for family, especially non blood family, to start political arguments for fun while you are just trying to visit.

That reminds me, I get a gift subscription to Yes! magazine from my aunt. I ought to get her one to National Review for spite.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.