Author Topic: Turkey day plans?  (Read 2407 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Turkey day plans?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 09:43:07 PM »
We went to the in-laws. Thankfully, only the ones I like were there this go around.

The heinous part was the detour on the way home. The wife's computer experienced a HDD failure and she insists she has to have it back up and running ASAP.
The only place to score a drive around here tonight was BestBuy.
Wholly Gourd what a freaking flustrcluck.
I told my wife that sending me into that scene rates some gratuitous and slightly pervers sexual favors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 10:38:17 PM »
Went for a walk with the dog this morning. My old buddy 12.5 year old lab kicked up a fat ringneck and I was carrying the 20g Ithaca model 37 featherweight delux that my dad gave me around 1970. 1 shot and old Ryder made a nice retrieve on tomorrow's dinner. The turkey that came out of the charcoal pit barrel was awesome and even went for another walk with my wife. She didn't make any nice retrieves but we had pleasant conversation then we hauled a nice antique dresser home from moms house. Gonna hunt for a couple hours in the am then work at moms to keep plugging towards getting the house ready to sell.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 02:21:40 AM »
Oddly, no turkey at the cousins' lunch, but a good sized ham and a huge brisket.  Then some desserts that pretty much canceled out the 15 mile round trip ride. 

Speed could have been a lot better, but I was in jeans, and it was a nice day to take it easy, so I averaged about 11mph.  Had a bit of a load too, mostly because I wanted my jacket and tools, but didn't feel like taking the extra commute stuff out of the panniers, so I stopped by the shop and checked the bike on the digital scale; 55.1 lbs total. 
Apparently I wasn't the only one riding off some calories, though.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 07:14:56 AM »
My BIL and his family (wife and 3 kids age 4mo to 5yr) showed up as a surprise to my MIL.  They live in SC and weren't expected to be there due to BIL's work schedule (holidays are his crunch time).  I decided it would be better for me to hang around and play "uncle" rather than hit the woods.  Will do that today instead since there are not "Black Friday" deals I need. :)

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
Well, sadly, a Thanksgiving tradition has bit the dust here. Every Thanksgiving, my niece and I would have a Three Stooges (just Curly) marathon. From the time she was old enough to watch TV to the time she died.

It was always a big bonding thing with us and we had started doing it with my grand niece too, because my niece wanted to keep up the tradition. No Three Stooges this year. My grand niece's dad has decided the stooges are too violent. He never liked them, but my niece had always overidden him when they were up here. Now the stooges and me don't have an advocate anymore, and the tradition has ended. Totally bummed out. I'll probably do a marathon by myself tomorrow in honor of my niece.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 03:03:19 PM »
Thanksgiving is like 364 days away! Isn't it a bit early to be asking now?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 05:28:18 PM »
Well, sadly, a Thanksgiving tradition has bit the dust here. Every Thanksgiving, my niece and I would have a Three Stooges (just Curly) marathon. From the time she was old enough to watch TV to the time she died.

It was always a big bonding thing with us and we had started doing it with my grand niece too, because my niece wanted to keep up the tradition. No Three Stooges this year. My grand niece's dad has decided the stooges are too violent. He never liked them, but my niece had always overidden him when they were up here. Now the stooges and me don't have an advocate anymore, and the tradition has ended. Totally bummed out. I'll probably do a marathon by myself tomorrow in honor of my niece.

Okay, that's just *expletive deleted*ed up. You should tell grand niece's dad to stick it where the sun don't shine.  :mad:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 07:14:07 PM »
Okay, that's just *expletive deleted*ed up. You should tell grand niece's dad to stick it where the sun don't shine.  :mad:

Well, he's actually a good dad - just kind of a coastal CA city slicker, so he picks up on some of that stuff. I think maybe his great worry is that she'll pull some Three Stooges routines in pre-school and get expelled. I'm pretty sure anything the Three Stooges ever did is a social justice felony in this state now.

Still, a sad state of affairs when something made in the 30s-40s, with no cussing or r-rated material, is "worse" for kids to watch than so much of what they are exposed to in modern media.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 06:22:49 AM »
Well, you could offer him a parenting choice...

Listen to the collected works of N.W.A at full blast.

Uncensored Bugs Bunny marathon, including the wildly racist WW II propaganda cartoons.

Three Stoodges.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
Uncensored Bugs Bunny marathon, including the wildly racist WW II propaganda cartoons.

Heh. I'd already been slowly working her into the older Tom and Jerry cartoons. My plan is to at some point talk him into letting her come and stay with me for a week during Summer vacation, then thoroughly indoctrinating her in politically incorrect stuff.  :laugh: