Author Topic: 9th Grade Biology Assignment  (Read 2397 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
9th Grade Biology Assignment
« on: November 22, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
I've recently been posting links with a simple "okay then", because I really don't know what else to say. Case in point:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2017/11/22/why-on-earth-is-this-a-9th-grade-biology-assignment-photo/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: 9th Grade Biology Assignment
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:13 PM »
Help, help! I'm being oppressed!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
My wife and I like the natural beauty of the Pacific NW, but we can't wait to move back to Virginia when my job allows it.  This kind of nonsense drives us up the wall and there are so many examples of it that it's impossible to avoid seeing it on a daily basis.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »
its kinda like a wheel-of-misfortune thing...
What we have here is failure to communicate.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 05:54:54 PM »
Unless phase two includes wadding that up and shove it up the frogs ass before dissecting it...wtf does this have to do with biology?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »
"Why did I mark those answers? It's because I FEEL like I'm a Black Hispanic Native American, trapped in a white body . . . I hope you're not going to do something racist and discriminate against me . . .  "
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »
"Why did I mark those answers? It's because I FEEL like I'm a Black Hispanic Native American transgendered lesbian trisexual otherkin, trapped in a white body . . . I hope you're not going to do something racist and discriminate against me . . .  "

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »
Quote from: HankB
"Why did I mark those answers? It's because I FEEL like I'm a Black Hispanic Native American transgendered lesbian trisexual otherkin, trapped in a white body . . . I hope you're not going to do something racist and discriminate against me . . .  "

FTFY
Actually, I left that part off, since with it they might have pressured the kid to appear on Oprah or be Grand Marshal of the next Rainbow Pride parade.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
I taught in the Seattle School District for two years and this doesn't surprise me at all...

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
I really hope this is the... Well, hope is not the right word, since I what I really would hope this wasn't even a consideration in any HS, but...

Looks like something that would be in the package of BS assignments that all the kids get on the first day of school so everyone can "get to know each other!!" and if your first class of the day happens to be biology, then you get it in biology class.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »
. . . Looks like something that would be in the package of BS assignments that all the kids get on the first day of school so everyone can "get to know each other!!" and if your first class of the day happens to be biology, then you get it in biology class.
Things have changed - and NOT for the better. I don't remember getting ANY of that "touchly feely" nonsense when I started high school; the new freshman orientation was basically a walk-through with locker assignments, location of restrooms and lunchroom, basic school rules (no smoking, booze, or drugs, can't roam halls between classes, etc.), the very moderate dress code, and so forth and so on.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »
First day of school always involved a lot of paperwork for us. Was always a flusterlcuck. But the one paper they always had the immigrant kids fill out, some genius printed it out on green paper one year. The teacher was mortified. I found it hilarious, and made that years mess of paperwork all worth it.

And I'd agree with Liz that this does seem like a more updated touchy feely version I could have seen getting if I hit the FF button for fifteen years or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 03:11:57 PM »
I identify as someone who hasn't posted in this thread.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
I identify as someone who hasn't posted in this thread.

That didn't last long.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
I have to wonder what the people who graduated in 1976 thought of the world in 1996, when I graduated. Did everything seem to be going crazy then, as it is now?

I mean,  20 years. One generation. And things inconceivable at the time are mainstream.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
How would a black kid feel on receiving an "assignment" like that?  To be told that the world is prejudiced against you?  No matter what you do, you have now been handed a big, fat excuse for failing at life.  How discouraging.  That is just sick.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 05:53:58 PM »
How would a black kid feel on receiving an "assignment" like that?  To be told that the world is prejudiced against you?  No matter what you do, you have now been handed a big, fat excuse for failing at life.  How discouraging.  That is just sick.

That's a feature, not a bug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 07:00:32 PM »
I graduated high school in 2008. I guess my school managed to avoid this *expletive deleted*it.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »
I graduated some time before that and I cannot remember any identity stuff or any expectation to be sensitive to anyone other than cripples and retards.

We could use all of the slurs for women, fatties and gays and most of the slurs for colored folks without getting into any official trouble. Though you did want to stay away from the n-word. Other than that though, bombs away.

I started to hear the phrase "developmentally disabled" a lot in the mid-eighties and "retarded" disappeared rather quickly from normal conversation at that point. Same with the word "cripple" being replaced by "disabled". But X-American didn't gain currency until the 90s. And gays and fatties had it rough into the mid-2000s.

My mom was not racially enlightened when it came to blacks and even she wouldn't use the n-word. And would freak if she heard it from me or my friends. Though she could be pretty free with other slurs. She tolerated Latinos but still, in private, was willing to use slurs. And she adored her Asian friends but would still, again in private, pull her eyes back and go "ching-chong-ching-chong when some Asian leader or diplomat or such would show up on TV. As for gays, well if she could have donated to AIDS, NOT AIDS research, but to AIDS itself, she would have.   

She was a lifelong Democrat by the way. Though she hated unions. People can be a bundle of contradictions.

I, of course, am perfectly enlightened. A veritable saint.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »
I started to hear the phrase "developmentally disabled" a lot in the mid-eighties and "retarded" disappeared rather quickly from normal conversation at that point. Same with the word "cripple" being replaced by "disabled".

You know, "retarded" has always been of interest to me regarding just how quickly it went out of favor (and/or how long it took for me to notice). It was a perfectly acceptable medical term through all my childhood and even into young adulthood as I recall. I think the first time I was taken to task for saying "retarded" was in the mid 2000's. I was actually quite astonished at how upset the particular office intern that complained was. "Retard" was one of the more benign put down terms used among my peers through high school. I continue to fall back to it to this day with no regrets.

I never heard "cripple" used much. "Handicapped" was the acceptable term in my time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »
We young folk of my circle used cripple a lot. But yes, handicapped was there as well primarily because that's the word the special parking spots used. But "handicapped" itself was displaced by "disabled" at some point.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »
Kids today.
 ;/

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 07:03:42 AM »
I'd circle the entire upper half of it and write at the top "My privilege level is *expletive deleted*ing awesome!"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.