Author Topic: Burris Fullfield E1 scope?  (Read 658 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Burris Fullfield E1 scope?
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:44:01 AM »
Cabelas has this on sale and I believe I can get another $20 with a Cabelas Club "in store" coupon.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Burris-Fullfield-E-mm-Riflescope/1519078.uts

I don't need anther scope, I have a Redfield 3-9x40 (1" tube) sitting idle as it is.  However, I sometimes use that on my 35Whelen, so while it's idle *right now*, it may not always be so.  I may be building another AR for bench shooting out to 200yds, so I'll need a scope for that build.  I had intended to use the Redfield and just not have one for the 35whelen.

A negative is the 30mm tube diameter, which will force me to buy rings rather than use rings I have on hand.

So, worth the $130-$150 price (plus cost of rings)?  It appears to go on sale from time to time, so if it's not a stellar deal, I can put it off.  What I don't want to do is accumulate another scope that isn't significantly better than my Redfield, which has been a fine scope for "out to 100yds" work.

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Burris Fullfield E1 scope?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
I own a couple Burris fullfield 2 scopes. No problem 300-400 yards hunting big game.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:03:30 AM »
Given all of the extra time since you don't have to commute, I'm shocked that you're not polishing your own lenses and building your own scope.

You're getting lazy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
Plus you can find them new on Ebay all the time for the price you are mentioning.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »
Plus you can find them new on Ebay all the time for the price you are mentioning.

The only one I found for $150 was pre-owned.  The others are all more expensive and would lack Cabelas' customer service backing it up.  The next lowest price on Ebay was $20 more than the asking price at Cabelas.  I may be able to get $20 off that if my club member coupon applies.

I think I'm going to buy it.  I can't find any negative reviews and I do plan to do some load development with the Whelen, necessitating a scope. 

Chris

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
I've got one on my .270 AI, seems to be pretty good but I've only used it on the range so far.  Several years ago, I was talking to a guy shooting a 50 BMG at a range.  He said he had broken a Redfield and a Leopold on that rifle, but the Burris he had was holding up.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »
I bought it.  I was able to use my coupon, making it $130.  The online specs were wrong, it's not a 30mm tube, it's 1" (same as the Burris site) and this one did not come with the BCD reticle, which is a major plus for me.  Those two changes were both on the positive side of the ledger, sweetening the deal.

This is the Burris product site: https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/fullfield-e1-riflescopes-series/fullfield-e1-riflescope-3-9x40mm

Larry, good to hear that these are durable scopes.  Maybe I should put it on my 35Whelen instead... :)

Chris