Author Topic: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act Going to House Vote  (Read 662 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act Going to House Vote
« on: December 02, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
Looks like an amended version of the act is finally going up for a house vote. I haven't seen any summaries of any changes (and am too lazy to read the whole thing right now), but am curious if the part about non-resident permits still applies. As in, can a CA resident with a Utah permit carry in CA?

For most people, this is probably a "sacrificial" part of the act. However, from the schadenfreude side, I would love to see it included and passed just to reduce the CA legislature by 50% due to heart attacks and brain aneurysms.  =D

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act Going to House Vote
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:25:51 AM »
Time to lean on our rep.  Lately she's been on an "eeeeevil Republicans" binge on the bookface.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act Going to House Vote
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »
A bill that establishes multi-state license reciprocity should included penalties - INDIVIDUAL penalties - for any judge, bureaucrat, law enforcement officer, or other government employee who fails to recognize said reciprocity.

So if Officer Schmuck of NYC arrests someone for no reason OTHER than carrying lawfully under the reciprocity law, Officer Schmuck should personally suffer legal consequences, including prosecution, fine, maybe even loss of his badge.

Never happen, of course. People who work for .gov seldom suffer consequences for failing to follow the law.

And lawmakers (of both parties) like it that way.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain