Author Topic: Meat is Patriarchy!!!  (Read 4077 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Meat is Patriarchy!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »
Methyl group?

Yeah, the "R."  "R" is the standard shorthand for any CHn chain.  Methyl, -CH3, is the shortest one.  The next one up is "ethyl," -C2H5, then "propyl," then "butyl," and so on.   IIRC, these are called "aliphatics," and with many Cs, an "aliphatic chain," but yer talkin' 65+ year old memory from this old coot.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »
Yeah, the "R."  "R" is the standard shorthand for any CHn chain.  Methyl, -CH3, is the shortest one.  The next one up is "ethyl," C2 H5, then "propyl," then "butyl," and so on.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Of course, I barely passed 11th grade high school chemistry.... but mostly that had to do with several large flashes and clouds of smoke... No one can remember hearing any explosions, but we were all deaf afterwards, so it didn't really matter...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
Interesting. I didn't know that. Of course, I barely passed 11th grade high school chemistry.... but mostly that had to do with several large flashes and clouds of smoke... No one can remember hearing any explosions, but we were all deaf afterwards, so it didn't really matter...

You tickled my memory and made me grin.... remind me to tell you about the time someone snuck a few drops of ether in that good old lycopodium dust 'splosion experiment.

Suffice to say the 'splosive "yield" from the ether was far greater than the 'splosive "yield" from the lycopodium.  Ref, if you will, "Fuel-Air-Explosive."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »
Trust me, I've had more than my fair share of fun with FAEs... My best friend and I growing up had a very great propensity for blowing *expletive deleted*it up.

Fortunately they lived on a farm. I'm sure the crap we did wouldn't have gone over quite so well at my place, which was in town.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.