Author Topic: Who would you vote for in the AL senate race?  (Read 2747 times)

Pb

• friend
Who would you vote for in the AL senate race?
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »
Who would you vote for in the AL senate race?

Roy Moore?
Jones?
Stay Home?
Write in?

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Who would you vote for in the AL senate race?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Moore.  The election is days and away the accusations are no more believable.  And my mood these days is I don't want to give the win to the liberal media and dirty politics.  My standard of evidence for such things is higher than it used to be.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
I'd vote for Moore.

I have no idea if he did what he has been accused of. I don't know Mr. Moore and I don't know his accusers. That his accusers waited (40 years!) till one month before an important national election really doesn't speak well of the veracity of their claims. Further, that they were brought to light, purposely with little to no time to investigate that veracity prior to said election ALSO speaks a great deal of those promoting the claims.

Oh, and Gloria Allred (sp?) is involved.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 12:05:05 PM »
Don't forget that they also refuse to let anyone else examine the "evidence" of the yearbook signature.

Yeah, if I was in 'Bama I'd vote for Moore.
Starting to look like he may win the election and then we'll get to see the senate refuse to seat him.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »
I'd vote for Moore.

I have no idea if he did what he has been accused of. I don't know Mr. Moore and I don't know his accusers. That his accusers waited (40 years!) till one month before an important national election really doesn't speak well of the veracity of their claims. Further, that they were brought to light, purposely with little to no time to investigate that veracity prior to said election ALSO speaks a great deal of those promoting the claims.

Oh, and Gloria Allred (sp?) is involved.

Moore.  ^(bolding): that's getting to be such a common technique, you'd think the general voting populace would have got wise to it by now.

Accusations are cheap.  Defense is expensive.

Terry
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:35:02 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »
Moore,

From what I've seen the "evidence" is fake (the signature is from his court clerk when he was a judge, it doesn't match his., he never ate at the Olde Hickory Inn, it's not setup (doors, etc. the way the accuser described it, etc., etc..  plus Gloria Allred and the 40 year wait, and all were "found" by the Wapo one month out....the entire thing smells.)

It was an attempted hit job.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »
Moore.   Even if the accusations that he attempted to wine and dine younger women were true, it was 30-40 years ago and what is glaringly obvious that no one has come forward with any accusation from any time after that short period of time in his life.  People can change.  Personally, I think the bulk of any egregious behavior is false, mostly based upon the fact that he has been a public figure for years and even controversial.  You'd think when he got bounced around for the Christian thing it would have been a perfect time for women to come forward, but didn't.

As for Gloria Allred, who pays that woman to do what see does.  I've never had anyone ask that.  I'd speculate she's quietly financed by some hard left wing Progtard individuals or groups.  I'd like to see an expose' on her.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:41 PM »
As for Gloria Allred, who pays that woman to do what see does.  I've never had anyone ask that.  I'd speculate she's quietly financed by some hard left wing Progtard individuals or groups.  I'd like to see an expose' on her.

Of course Ronan Allred was is only a puppet. It's really Thanos Soros that I we need to kill.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »
I wouldn't vote for anyone.

I'd vote against everyone who's running against Moore.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
I would also add that the primary accuser is a Democrat activist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
I wouldn't vote for Moore, I would probably write in a moderate/liberal Republican.

I think Moore is pompous ass and I'm tired of that type of politicians.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:36 PM »
One of Moore's accusers falsified at least part of her story:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/08/roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-part-yearbook-inscription-attributed-to-alabama-senate-candidate.html

I was just coming here to post this.  Here's another non-foxnews link:
https://www.npr.org/2017/12/08/569475351/roy-moore-accuser-admits-adding-notation-to-yearbook-inscription

Moore might very well be a scumbag.  If so, they can toss him out of the Senate when the facts come out.  

I'd vote for him.  And I might lead the crusade against him later (but I doubt it)

"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:30 PM »
Churchill said it best;

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

It's not about Moore at this point,  it's about defeating the Left.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »
This election is not Moore vs Jones.  It's Moore vs the MSM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/940023521752752128
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »
I would not vote for Moore.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 08:02:18 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 05:04:50 PM »
Some don't care for Moore because he is a noisy Christian who some believe he is mandating you follow his precepts.   Many of the same folks don't seem to be bothered by extremely dogmatic secular people who suck the joy out of life by demanding you follow theirs.

The accusation that Moore liked women younger than him when he was in his 30's, I'd like to know how old was the woman he eventually married.  And if he's such a philanderer or stalker of young girls, where are the ones up to the present day?  When you actually listen to those women supposedly coming forward after 30 or 40 years about the alleged behavior of men, not just from Moore, but across the board in many instances, actually makes me laugh.  Inappropriate behavior that some of these women claim from 30-40 years ago was not inappropriate but normal human male female interaction.  Bombastic men have always existed, especially those who inhabited the halls of money and power, and many many times who didn't.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
Of course his wife did not help him much with her, "We ain't prejudiced against no Jews. We got us a Jew lawyer" shtick.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Well, I got this one totally wrong.  I thought Moore would wipe the floor with Jones.  Of course, I also though the same about Hillary, so I guess you guys should just ignore any predictions I make about elections.

I'm feeling really bad about CC reciprocity now....   =(

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 10:44:48 AM »
Regardless of thoughts on either candidate:

So this means Jones won via voter suppression, right? Right? Bueller?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/13/paul-krugman-had-dem-spin-ready-to-go-if-roy-moore-won-hint-beyond-parody/

I would have been happy if this guy won. Sounds like a good compromise:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/13/lol-priceless-response-to-sheila-jackson-lees-election-confusion-wins-the-day/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 12:08:10 PM »
Looks like the dems that were rejoicing are now angry. I expect this seat to go back to R in 2020. The kind of "D" the celebrity dems that were carpetbagging this election want is not the kind of dem that AL likely wants.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/18/uh-oh-dem-doug-jones-statement-about-trump-triggers-resistance-meltdown/

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 12:13:17 PM »
Looks like the dems that were rejoicing are now angry. I expect this seat to go back to R in 2020*. The kind of "D" the celebrity dems that were carpetbagging this election want is not the kind of dem that AL likely wants.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/18/uh-oh-dem-doug-jones-statement-about-trump-triggers-resistance-meltdown/

*Oh yea....that WILL  happen.     Unless the Repubs try to,  once again,  prove they are the STOOPIDZ  party and nominate a loser candidate.......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 08:30:04 AM »

*Oh yea....that WILL  happen.     Unless the Repubs try to,  once again,  prove they are the STOOPIDZ  party and nominate a loser candidate.......

This was ALL KINDS of special. The "establishment" Republicans went all in to kneecap the actual conservative in the race, Mo Brooks, in order to keep Senator Strange in the Senate, who was nominated by the corrupt governor, in exchange for his not pursuing corruption investigations into the corrupt governor.

After dumping all their money to kill Brooks, they thought beating Moore would be a cakewalk in the runoff... and got beat because people don't want a corrupt senator that was appointed by a corrupt governor.

BUT HE VOTED WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT!... Yeah, that worked well morons.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought