Author Topic: "I'll Kill Everyone on This Plane!"  (Read 4285 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'll Kill Everyone on This Plane!"
« on: December 11, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
I can't believe anyone is this stupid in this day and age. I have to wonder - if someone would have smacked her in the head with their laptop and seriously injured or killed her, would they even be brought up on criminal charges?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/12/11/passenger-threatens-to-kill-everybody-on-plane-after-being-caught-smoking.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: "I'll Kill Everyone on This Plane!"
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 10:52:11 AM »
The video cut out a bit early.  I think she got a tune up by the passengers, which is a good thing.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »
I'm guessing that was an air marshal there at the end of that limited video? They still have those, right?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:00:47 AM »
The video cut out a bit early.  I think she got a tune up by the passengers, which is a good thing.

I agree with you that it looked like a male passenger was stepping in to start the tuning process.  What has the judicial system decided in regards to incidents of a passenger making a threat and other passengers tuning/restraining the threat maker?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
The last air marshal I saw in person looked like a late 20's grad student with a backpack. denim jeans and sneakers.
no question about him being air marshal because I was late boarding and he was definitely part of an intervention taking place at boarding when everybody else was boarded but me and 1/4 of a drunk golfing foursome. fun for me anyway.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:30 AM »
Yes they still have air marshals.

In fact, they have a LOT more of them since 9-11.

According to Wikipedia, on 9-11, there were approximately 30 air marshals in service.

Now there are approximately 4,000.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
What has the judicial system decided in regards to incidents of a passenger making a threat and other passengers tuning/restraining the threat maker?

I don’t know of any official rulings/opinions, but the last few incidents involving good passengers restraining bad passengers have not resulted in charges.  Even that incident on Southwest years ago where the passengers accidentally killed a guy by suffocation resulted in no charges being filed and that was pre-9/11.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 08:37:04 PM »
This is why instead of banning smoking on planes they should require it.  Not less than one cigarette every 30 minutes per passenger.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
We have an Air Marshall that comes in the gun shop occasionally. He doesn't look like a Fed.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »
This is why instead of banning smoking on planes they should require it.  Not less than one cigarette every 30 minutes per passenger.

Go to your room.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 01:16:59 AM »
Just let the smokers go outside to smoke.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:52 AM »
He doesn't look like a Fed.

That is the idea.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »

I had just finishing grabbing the popcorn to watch the fight scene/beatdown that was coming....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »
Doesn't look like she got tuned up at all. :(

I love mug shots where the perps have bruises, sutures and looking like they got tuned up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/11/smoker-arrested-after-yelling-death-threats-on-plane.html

bob

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »

"I literally didn't mean it literally. Literally."

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
That is the idea.
Yeah, but it wasn't always that way. High & tight, suits, socializing with the flight crew, etc.

Somebody shoulda knocked the snot out of the b....ah, her.
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:39 PM »
Meh. I have a hard time thinking tuning someone up when they are irrational due to anxiety/panic attack/nicotine fit is all that entertaining.

Good job, Mr. Badass Good Samaritan, you beat up someone who wasn't a threat to anyone except maybe her own dignity ;/

Also, why aren't flight attendants trained in basic restraint and holding techniques? I would think this sort of behavior isn't all that uncommon on airplanes, with people freeking out and such?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Good job, Mr. Badass Good Samaritan, you beat up someone who wasn't a threat to anyone except maybe her own dignity ;/

She did not get beat up; we just wish she did.

Also, why aren't flight attendants trained in basic restraint and holding techniques? I would think this sort of behavior isn't all that uncommon on airplanes, with people freeking out and such?

Liability.  FAs are given very rudimentary self defense training and no offense training.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
Meh. I have a hard time thinking tuning someone up when they are irrational due to anxiety/panic attack/nicotine fit is all that entertaining.

Sorry, but I wouldn't be willing to bet my life (and those I had with me) on Ms. Nic-Fit not following through on her threat.  Opening an emergency exit or door in flight would be a giant ball of suck (literally).  Post 9/11, you threaten to kill everyone on the plane, you are getting subdued.   You have a choice.  You can do it our way, or you can it our way harder.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »

Sorry, but I wouldn't be willing to bet my life (and those I had with me) on Ms. Nic-Fit not following through on her threat.  Opening an emergency exit or door in flight would be a giant ball of suck (literally).  Post 9/11, you threaten to kill everyone on the plane, you are getting subdued.   You have a choice.  You can do it our way, or you can it our way harder.

Exactly. Just because an unstable person might not want to literally kill everyone on the plane doesn't mean they won't do something that literally kills everyone on the plane.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »

It is not possible to open the emergency exits or other doors in flight.  You would have to be Superman to accomplish that.

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »
It is not possible to open the emergency exits or other doors in flight.  You would have to be Superman to accomplish that.

If you were on that plane and the nitwit tried to open a door, would you be comfortable letting her try?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
It is not possible to open the emergency exits or other doors in flight in a pressurized commercial aircraft.  You would have to be Superman to accomplish that.

Fixed that a little. I have opened doors/ramps in flight many times, the highest (ramp on C2) was at 25K feet.

bob

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »
Fixed that a little. I have opened doors/ramps in flight many times, the highest (ramp on C2) was at 25K feet.

bob

Good fix.  I should have been a bit more specific.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »
If you were on that plane and the nitwit tried to open a door, would you be comfortable letting her try?

I would have been comfortable giving her a smack down just for generally endangering others on the flight.  Even though she could not have opened a door, there are other ways to cause serious problems in flight.
That said, if she had be my seat mate, I would have been comfortable giving her a smack down just for being an absolute inconsiderate ass.  A nicotine fit does not cut it for an excuse.