Author Topic: Nice little piece of gear...  (Read 2291 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Nice little piece of gear...
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:38:57 AM »
Got a new piece of gear for lunches at the office.

I never cared much for heating stuff up in the microwave because it's kind of sketchy, and a lot of people use it, so it can be hard to get time on.

Last year I bought a wide mouth thermos bottle. That was nice, but I had to heat stuff up in the morning, and I wasn't fond of that because I'm always rushed and I was worried about leaving the stove on.

So, I got one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-20-Ounce-Lunch-Crock-Warmer/dp/B006H5V8US/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1513009979&sr=8-3&keywords=crock%2Bpot%2Blunch%2Bcrock%2Bfood%2Bwarmer&th=1

It's a Crock-Pot Lunch Crock. Basically, a mini crockpot that holds 20 ounces.

The intert is removeable, so I can leave the base at the office.

I used it for the first time today. I brought chili to work. I plugged it in around 9:30 and when I went to eat at 11:15 it was nice and hot.

I'll take the insert home this evening and refill it with another batch of chili for lunch tomorrow. All in all, $20 well spent, I think.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Nice little piece of gear...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »
Cool, I may get my wife one for Christmas.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
I had one for a while.  It worked as advertised, but I didn't eat enough stuff it would be good for to justify keeping it around. 

Also, I had a problem with the food contents expanding and leaking while it warmed up.  I suppose I could put less food in there, but where's the fun in that?

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »
I have this that I've used a few times.  It works well and the food gets plenty hot.  You can get storage containers that are an exact fit, too.

https://www.amazon.com/HotLogic-Mini-Personal-Portable-Black/dp/B00EC7XJ00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513018260&sr=8-1&keywords=hot+logic
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 02:06:27 PM »
When I bought my current Crockpot it came with a mini-one that I haven't had a use for.  I just may bring the outer part to work and bring lunch(es) in the inner part.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »
Bed Bath & Beyond has a 21 ounce slow cooker for $10.  But the lift-out liner is stoneware instead of stainless, so not as good for hauling back and forth to work.  I still might get one; I bought a *bunch* of plastic deli takeout containers from the local restaurant supply store and take food to work in them all the time, but they are not great for microwaving.
"It's good, though..."