Author Topic: Trump signs registration law  (Read 1487 times)

zahc

• friend
Trump signs registration law
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:35:35 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/364523-trump-signs-law-forcing-toy-drone-users-to-register-with-govt

What happened to reducing regulations? I sure hope two other federal licensing requirements were repealed in order to pass this.

The arguments in favor of this are too close to those for gun registration, IMO.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Trump signs registration law
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/364523-trump-signs-law-forcing-toy-drone-users-to-register-with-govt

What happened to reducing regulations? I sure hope two other federal licensing requirements were repealed in order to pass this.

The arguments in favor of this are too close to those for gun registration, IMO.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:07:38 AM »
Bah.  Freaking stupid law.  It is a waste of time and effort.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:11:03 AM »
I predict drone users will comply with registration laws in roughly the same percentages as CB Radio users obtained FCC licenses several decades ago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
What?!?  Trump's not actually small government in practice?  

<- Shocked Face!

I predict drone users will comply with registration laws in roughly the same percentages as CB Radio users obtained FCC licenses several decades ago

This is probably accurate.  I doubt all those folks buying drones at Brookstone are submitting paperwork.

Note to .Gov snoopers:  My RC Millennium Falcon was lost in a tragic boating accident last summer.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
What?!?  Trump's not actually small government in practice?

Not to defend Trump, but I doubt the President even knew that language was added to the bill.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
We have to pass it to know what is in it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »
Not to defend Trump, but I doubt the President even knew that language was added to the bill.

I suspect he got a rundown of what was in the bill but there wasn't anything big enough to justify going to the mat about getting removed. I doubt I'd have held up that bill over drone registration either.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
Will probably be about as effective as the requirement for getting a license to use GRMS Radio frequencies.