Author Topic: Lies: Trump vs Obama According to the NYT  (Read 998 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Lies: Trump vs Obama According to the NYT
« on: December 14, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
You know what? Without doing any research, I can tell you exactly what their methodology was. It isn't lies. It's how many times Trump said something they didn't like vs how many times Obama said something they didn't like.

Obviously both guys (as pretty much all presidents) have fibbed about stuff, and/or said stuff they expected about their policies that got changed somewhere down the line. The idea though, that Obama only lied 18 times in eight years? Ludicrous. As for Trump, while he's likely lied about some stuff, almost everything that he's accused of lying about is closer to exaggeration. He likes to say stuff like "Best in the world! Best ever!" which is more his standard showman hyperbole than outright lies.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/14/hack-tastic-nyt-columnists-conclude-obama-only-lied-how-many-times-in-8-years/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Lies: Trump vs Obama According to the NYT
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
The Slimes doesn't approve of a Republican POTUS?  Let me find my shocked face.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »
You know what? Without doing any research, I can tell you exactly what their methodology was. It isn't lies. It's how many times Trump said something they didn't like vs how many times Obama said something they didn't like.

Obviously both guys (as pretty much all presidents) have fibbed about stuff, and/or said stuff they expected about their policies that got changed somewhere down the line. The idea though, that Obama only lied 18 times in eight years? Ludicrous. As for Trump, while he's likely lied about some stuff, almost everything that he's accused of lying about is closer to exaggeration. He likes to say stuff like "Best in the world! Best ever!" which is more his standard showman hyperbole than outright lies.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/12/14/hack-tastic-nyt-columnists-conclude-obama-only-lied-how-many-times-in-8-years/

During Obama's  first term somebody gave me a small booklet titled "69 OBAMA LIES,"  which,  while perhaps not exactly 100%  objective (  :angel: )  seems to show that yes,  he was quite the liar-in-chief....especially by the end of his administration.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:07 AM »
Most transparent administration in history man! Close gitmo! End wars! Heal the earth! Nobel Peace prize!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:13:26 AM »
For whatever reason, I was thinking about something along these lines this morning. Weird...

And of course my favorite Jesusbama lies...

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor

We can't drill our way to lower prices.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
Those manufacturing jobs are never coming back.

This economy is the new normal.

Not even a smidgen of corruption.

I only found about (Fast and Furious, IRS, Benghazi, etc. etc.) just like you, when I saw it on the news...

And those are the ones I think of off the top of my head (in addition to the ones previously mentioned).
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 10:21:14 PM »
I was born in America.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.