Author Topic: Pelican  (Read 2226 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Pelican
« on: December 16, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
This is a Guamanian dish I learned from my dear departed fiance, Belinda. Her ex husband was from Guam, and she learned it from his mother. It's actually called kelaguin, but a roommate we had misheard it as pelican, and the name stuck.

The base is shredded chicken. You can do this any way you like, grilled, baked, roasted, etc. I have settled on crockpot preparation. Three lbs boneless skinless breast in the pot with a yellow onion, quarter cup of lime juice, tablespoon of minced garlic. Low for six hours, or high for four, until it shreds easily.

Rice cooked with butter added to the water.

Serve over rice, with green onions as garnish, and shredded coconut. Top with Finnegan sauce(also misheard, it's fentadeni), recipe below.

Equal parts white vinegar and soy sauce, with minced garlic added.
Hi.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Pelican
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 06:12:33 PM »
Sounds like you could use pelican instead of chicken just fine.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Pelican
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »
Just have to have a positive attitude. Think pel-i-CAN not pel-i-CANT!

Sounds good, though.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.