Author Topic: Blackened Redfish  (Read 2484 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Blackened Redfish
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:38:38 AM »
Fishing from their airboats off the Florida Gulf Coast, some friends limited out on Redfish the other day.  An impromptu get together was held yesterday, and I volunteered to cook if they cleaned them.  I set up a cooking station with two camp stoves outside, by my fire pit.  you do NOT want to blacken redfish inside your house.  Smoke and fumes will run you out.
I used the old seasoning mix recipe from my seafood restaurant days.  Dip the fish in melted butter, coat with the seasoning mix,  cook in a red hot cast iron skillet.  Turn twice.
Fish was absolutely wonderful.  Sweet, tender, spicy and delicious.   :)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Blackened Redfish
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
You willing to share what's in your spice mix, or do we have to just drool over the pictures?  😉
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
I am on the road trip his week, but from memory, it is by volume, 3/4 cup paprika, 1/4 cup each, garlic powder, onion powder, tablespoon each thyme, oregano, kosher salt, 2 tsp each black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper.
That should be ballpark accurate.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:45:33 AM »
I am on the road trip his week, but from memory, it is by volume, 3/4 cup paprika, 1/4 cup each, garlic powder, onion powder, tablespoon each thyme, oregano, kosher salt, 2 tsp each black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper.
That should be ballpark accurate.

Thank you.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark