Author Topic: Another Mistrial in the Bundy Case  (Read 1546 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Another Mistrial in the Bundy Case
« on: December 20, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »
Yet another mistrial in one of the Bundy cases, this one the Nevada case. It appears a whistleblower memo from a BLM investigator was a primary factor:

A whistleblower memo by a lead U.S. Bureau of Land Management investigator that was released last week alleges widespread bad judgment, bias and misconduct, as well as "likely policy, ethical and legal violations among senior and supervisory staff" in the days leading up to the standoff.

The fed.gov has really been making itself look bad in all these Bundy cases. I believe every one so far has been "not guilty" or "mistrial".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/20/case-against-cliven-bundy-nevada-rancher-involved-in-2014-armed-standoff-declared-mistrial.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Another Mistrial in the Bundy Case
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
Being caught red-handed blatantly and knowingly withholding evidence is usually not the best way to sway a jury.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »
I am guessing some jury members were still saying guilty.  Mixed group I guess.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:00:20 PM »
I am guessing some jury members were still saying guilty.  Mixed group I guess.

Bell curve. Libtards do make up a significant portion of the general population. Gonna end up with some of them on a jury.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Bell curve. Libtards do make up a significant portion of the general population. Gonna end up with some of them on a jury.

Fortunately, it only takes one person with a brain to hang a jury.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:12 AM »
Fortunately, it only takes one person with a brain to hang a jury.

I am also a fan of jury nullification.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
Judge dismisses all charges against Bundy and other defendants.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/08/charges-against-rancher-cliven-bundy-three-others-are-dismissed.html

Sessions calls probe into mistrial:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5691680104001/?#sp=show-clips

Which I fully support, and given the prosecutorial misconduct, they need to be at least fired
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 02:59:40 PM »
The whole bunch has proven themselves unworthy of any title containing the word "justice". At best they are a bunch of buffoons with an ax to grind and just enough power to push their agenda.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
I was going to say that I'm just glad nobody was killed like when the Feds went nuts like this in the 90s... (i.e. Ruby Ridge and Waco)

But then I remembered that other standoff that was somehow related to this one and a guy was shot there.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 10:40:01 PM »
Not much pisses me off more that corruption in our "justice" system and "prosecutorial misconduct". Even more egregious at the Federal level.

I'd like to see some prosecutions and convictions for the Brady violations.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
Not much pisses me off more that corruption in our "justice" system and "prosecutorial misconduct". Even more egregious at the Federal level.

I'd like to see some prosecutions and convictions for the Brady violations.

One thing that adds to the pissed off-ness is when the higher-ups condone and even defend the blatant violations.

So the FBI had some sort of database of information that was potentially exculpatory, and they actually expect anyone to believe that the ONLY copy of this data was on a thumb drive that was somehow left in a government vehicle -- for three YEARS?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design