Author Topic: Should we bring back castration for public officials?  (Read 797 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Should we bring back castration for public officials?
« on: December 27, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
It'd be a pretty ballsy move to bring this up in conversation.

Think of the advantages though.

You would only be able to join the higher levels of government if you didn't have offspring and could not create any. No political family dynasties! The Kennedys would have stopped at Joe.

Very little, if any, sex scandals.

There's a very high cost to entering politics. This might deter some of the more greedy or vice-ridden sorts.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Should we bring back castration for public officials?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »
Might be a bit on the extreme side.

But, I do think we need to bring Tar and Feathering back into vogue.
With todays low temp tar products it wouldn't be quite as painful but it should still get the message across.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
Seems to me that no children would make them even less likely to take a long view with decisions than they do now.

I would be more interested in some sort of limit on how much their family net worth could increase while in office (no matter what their spouse does).  Some factor based on the annual pay of the position.  No reset if they leave and come back.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:00:43 PM »
The kind of person who would self mutilate on that level in order to have power would probably be even more batshit crazy than the current bunch...

Just sayin'
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:30:57 PM »
Seems to me that no children would make them even less likely to take a long view with decisions than they do now.

I would be more interested in some sort of limit on how much their family net worth could increase while in office (no matter what their spouse does).  Some factor based on the annual pay of the position.  No reset if they leave and come back.

I would be content to limit growth in personal wealth of public servants to the their prior wealth plus the CPI rate.

Also public corruption would merit the death penalty.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 12:55:02 AM »
The kind of person who would self mutilate on that level in order to have power would probably be even more batshit crazy than the current bunch...

Just sayin'

Yes, Tyrion, I just found out I'm qualified to run for Senator.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain